Sign in to follow this  
LittleEatonRam

Bristol City Playing to the Whistle

12 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I thought it was incredible that their were Huddersfield fans booing, and players asking us to put the ball out, while they had an injured player OFF THE PITCH!

Get on with the damn game.

I know, unbelievable. I think like a lot of rules and customs in the game the one about kicking the ball out for an injured player started out with noble intentions but has been abused. Now it's seen as 'our player has gone down injured, give us the ball'.

Hopefully clubs will take the initiative with other aspects of the game like this, such as crowding the ref etc, rather than waiting for the authorities to do something about it.

Completely agree. It is the referee's game to referee. And 9 times out of 10, as Lee Johnson points out, the 'injuries' are tactical. If the ref is seriously concerned then he/she needs to take control of the game. This removes the ambiguity that currently exists.

19 hours ago, SaintRam said:

I thought it was incredible that their were Huddersfield fans booing, and players asking us to put the ball out, while they had an injured player OFF THE PITCH!

That's not entirely surprising when someone on a Huddersfield forum thought our second goal was lucky because of 'miss-hit passes and bad touches that went our way' in the build up.

21 hours ago, SaintRam said:

What made me laugh about that was that they also tried to attack but lost the ball and then wanted us to put the ball out.