Kyle McAllister - Signed for St Mirren, permanently

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not really followed his progress but it looks like he's been struggling to get a look in in the U23's hasn't he?

As far as i'm aware he's now injury free and has been for sometime - it would suggest to me that staff see him as behind a fair few younger players in a position the first team is fairly short in?

3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I've not really followed his progress but it looks like he's been struggling to get a look in in the U23's hasn't he?

As far as i'm aware he's now injury free and has been for sometime - it would suggest to me that staff see him as behind a fair few younger players in a position the first team is fairly short in?

He played in pretty much every game for the 23s in the first half of last season, then went out on loan for the second half...

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

He played in pretty much every game for the 23s in the first half of last season, then went out on loan for the second half...

....told you i'd not really followed his progress ?

Interesting report that we'll let them have him for nothing in exchange for a sell-on clause. Thought he might have been one of the group to go to Florida but when he didn't the writing was on the wall. The problem with sell-on clauses is that deals can be structured so as not to pay them - as we've been guilty of in the past.

Seeing him last season I thought McAllister was very talented and I could understand why we'd bought him. But for a youngster missing so many seasons through injury there must always be a doubt about his long-term durability. That said, seems a genuine lad and I hope he goes on to play hundreds of good games for someone.

Seen very little of the lad but he was one I thought might kick on. Unfortunately, injuries seem to have robbed him of the chance to progress at Derby so a move elsewhere seems the sensible way forward. Sad to see any promising youngster leave but as @Carl Sagan says, hopefully he'll go on to do well wherever he ends up.

I think it's the best move for Kyle himself; has never really got going in a Derby shirt and I wonder if injuries will plague him throughout his career? He missed several of the under 23s pre-season matches. I saw him come on at Alfreton and he didn't really look up to speed. Good skills when he's fit but we do have a number of young wingers who are fit, so I can understand the move.

12 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

BBC stating he's gone. For whatever reason it just never worked out down here. Inevitably he'll score on his debut and the usual suspects on here will be protesting that he should be here ahead of Paterson. I can see it already.......

A43492C6-02FC-499F-8A05-3FFF5DF7A83B.gif

45 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

BBC stating he's gone. For whatever reason it just never worked out down here. Inevitably he'll score on his debut and the usual suspects on here will be protesting that he should be here ahead of Paterson.  I can see it already...

He should be here instead of Paterson though.... ???

Archived