Jordon Ibe

Day

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Srg said:

100% serious. More of a position of need.

We could have 17 attacking midfielders and I would still take Rooney because he is better than what we have and will take us to a better place,  granted we need a winger more but if the opportunity to sign kante came up would you say no because we have good depth in midfield now?

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

We could have 17 attacking midfielders and I would still take Rooney because he is better than what we have and will take us to a better place,  granted we need a winger more but if the opportunity to sign kante came up would you say no because we have good depth in midfield now?

Kante is a 28 year old defensive midfielder, who's arguably the best in the world at what he does and has just won the World Cup. Rooney is knocking on 34 having been in a retirement home of a league for a year or so already. That comparison is absolutely stupid.

No one here is saying that they wouldn't have Rooney. His experience would be fantastic and he still has quality in there. But if you're offering up potentially the best winger in the league instead, and you're giving me one or the other... it's not even close.

1 minute ago, David said:

Ibe would be good but I would prefer Bale, don't tell me he would never come to Derby. 

Gareth Bale is a top international player who has won the Champions League, scored hundreds of goals and moved to clubs for multi million pounds.

Why on earth would he choose Derby?

If someone could ask Rooney for me, he might have the answer.

6 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

We could re-sign Butterfield and play him on the wing 

Would re-sign Thomas and play him on the wing!

9 minutes ago, Srg said:

Kante is a 28 year old defensive midfielder, who's arguably the best in the world at what he does and has just won the World Cup. Rooney is knocking on 34 having been in a retirement home of a league for a year or so already. That comparison is absolutely stupid.

No one here is saying that they wouldn't have Rooney. His experience would be fantastic and he still has quality in there. But if you're offering up potentially the best winger in the league instead, and you're giving me one or the other... it's not even close.

And your comparison was equally as stupid comparing an experienced attacking midfielder coming in as a coach also to a young winger arriving on loan??‍♂️  ibe would be a great signing IF he can stay fit , personally I would of take knockheart or Costa instead of Ibe but agreed hes possibly the best we could go for now 

Archived