David

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Malone was ducking terrible 

his use of the ball was embarrassing Today 

poor decision making in the final third and Waggy had an off day 

Wasn’t over enamoured with Lawrence, Dowell or pattison, flashes from Dowell but seemed to be on the periphery (which was the impression I had of him pre coming here).

keogh and Clark looked excellent and I thought hudds knitted things together nicely

point and a clean sheet ... we move on 

Didn't think Malone was terrible but he wasn't at all his normal sharp self.

Waghorn had another poor game,lacking composure,struggled to control/hold up the ball generally and his confidence seems to be quite fragile.

Martin may yet get his chance if Waggers doesn't pick up soon.Then again he wasn't even on the bench again so another manager who doesn't fancy him much I fear.

Lawrence was ok,his play was restricted by swansea.Stupid yellow card tho,totally unnecessary.

Paterson actually impressed me,he looked quick and agile and I can see he likes to niggle the opposition...I think he will be ok 

Keogh and Clarke were,I agree excellent...they work well together.

Marriott added a bit if pace and a different form of attack when he came on,but it still wasn't enough to break down Swansea.

If you can't win,don't lose though and it's 4 points in the bag which is a good start in my opinion.

I just need to point out that pies are now £4 bloody quid in the concourse,£4 bloody quid... ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

A poor game that we should have won.

Positives Clarke and Bogle. Marriott needs to start.

Flo Jo a waste of time. Not a Bennett fan but at least he looks interested. Lawrence showed his alter ego today. Huddlestone and Evans does not work at home. At stages of the first half we had Huddlestone, Evans, Clarke and Keogh within 15 yards of each other.

Dowell also does not look in the same bracket as last years loanees on the 2 league games and pre-season showings. 

We have not replaced Mount and Wilson’s energy, creativity and goals in midfield....could be a longer season!

Really? Doom and gloom? Its one game. Come on positivity. Remember we can be 16th at the start of January and Rooney is gonna drive us up the table to the prem. #inwaynewetrust

Wasn't the best game today, but there was a lot to go on. Sat in the West stand for the first time in years and was surrounded by people who were slating Lawrence even before a ball was kicked. 

As for patience, I think it is very easy to see passing around the back as negative, but if you look beyond the back 4 there is a lot of movement going on trying to fashion space for the ball to be played into. I think fans are just wanting to see attack after attack, which while nice to watch; it is an approach I don't think Cocu wants to go for.

For a player who has only really had one day with the rest of the players, Paterson seemed bright and lively, and well up for winding up the opposition by standing on the ball for their free kicks. Think I counted 3 times at least that the ref had to tell him to move away.

First EFL game for the Aussie ref and I think he started strong, giving Clarke that Yellow. But did not follow through on it for the rest of the match. I thought he had "control" of the game throughout, but his consistency with things like cards was awful. I'm not well versed with the A league, but my guess is our players and fans are a bit more heated and he will have to get used to that.

Overall, disappointing because you could see they were there for the taking, but you can see what Cocu and co are trying to build and it will take time.

18 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Missed all the game today so reading the bbc report to see what happened. This must be the worst thing I ever read. You can see why they voted Brexit.

W**k

Sometimes I've had it up to here when it comes to the sneering. Your final word sums up your opening comment. The majority of people in the country and a large majority in the fine county of Derbyshire where good sense reigns voted Brexit despite the broadcast media telling them not to.

Jo Flo poor again, in fact no existent. Can’t start another game for me now, he’s had the chances and delivered nothing. We have to start with Marriott as well, I’d have him over Waghorn (would love to see both together though) 

58 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Clean sheet and the average score on your back five is 5.2????

Bogle, Keogh and Clarke excellent. Malone poor with his distribution.

Overall - lack of creativity and penetration. Devoid of ideas. I’ve called this already so it’s not a surprise to me. Going to be a lot of 0-0/1-0 either way games this season.

No way was Huddz bad enough for a 2.

Glad to see you've written the season off already after just two games and a handful of friendlies.

22 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

Really? Doom and gloom? Its one game. Come on positivity. Remember we can be 16th at the start of January and Rooney is gonna drive us up the table to the prem. #inwaynewetrust

No just my honest opinion. I said we should have won and highlighted positives. If you look at the poor run we had last year, that was when Mount did not play. Remove Wilson’s goals from that also and that is the difference. Wilson taking the penalty would have been a 1-0 win.

Lowe should also have received a favourable mention. 

We desperately need Bielek and Holmes to transform that team. 

2 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Goals are gonna be an issue for us tbh

This , I really don't see where the goals are going to come from , don't even mention rooney because that's not happening until January,  I think defensively we will be solid this year , on the attack though I'm worried for the season 

Huddlestone (although he improved in the second half) was so slow and lethargic on the ball, then when he tried to rectify his mistake, would do a half hearted lunge to gift it to them. Cannot wait until Bielik comes in. 

Clarke was solid, fantastic at winning headers and apart from the misplaced pass right at the end, had a brilliant afternoon as did Keogh. 

Shame for Bogle, really hope it's not serious, he looked very uncomfortable limping off. 

Dowell did some great turns to outwit Swansea but looks lightweight and his set pieces were dire. 

Marriott really needs to play from the start. I'm so frustrated seeing him on the bench and as someone rightly stated earlier, if Waghorn had been Martin with today's performance he would be slated. Yet in saying that, with no service he will be limited and was.

All in all some serious weaknesses to work on but much to be hopeful for and the inclusion of Holmes, Bielik, Marriott and Rooney in january. 

5 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

This , I really don't see where the goals are going to come from , don't even mention rooney because that's not happening until January,  I think defensively we will be solid this year , on the attack though I'm worried for the season 

We’ve struggled the last 2 seasons for goals if not for Vydra and Wilson. Someone will net 20, don’t worry  

Chris Martin was looking very svelte watching the match today below the Dave Mackay hospitality suite. Give him a run out on Tuesday night please Phil ?

Just now, Remy the hare said:

We’ve struggled the last 2 seasons for goals if not for Vydra and Wilson. Someone will net 20, don’t worry  

Chris Martin was looking very svelte watching the match today below the Dave Mackay hospitality suite. Give him a run out on Tuesday night please Phil ?

Maybe , I don't want to seem too negative because it's clear to see positives. The defence for example I think will be a force this year , I really can't see who will score 20 goals this year?? I'd say something similar to this

Bennett- 3, Lawrence- 7, Marriott 12, waghorn 10, flo jo 2, paterson 5 

I don't see anyone getting more than 12/13 max

Just now, dcfcreece1601 said:

Maybe , I don't want to seem too negative because it's clear to see positives. The defence for example I think will be a force this year , I really can't see who will score 20 goals this year?? I'd say something similar to this

Bennett- 3, Lawrence- 7, Marriott 12, waghorn 10, flo jo 2, paterson 5 

I don't see anyone getting more than 12/13 max

But as long as the goals are spread around the team why does it matter 

One thing Josefzoon does do well is support his full back offensively. Bogle and Lowe are both good players and both looked really dangerous going forwards, but look how close zoon is to them. Always making a decoy or offering an outlet. In contrast, Malone had a stinker, but look at our positioning when he's in possession. Often there isn't another Derby player in the same postcode out on the left.

My main gripe about today was the pitch. Far too much grass left on. The ball just did not travel on it. Would love to know who’s decision that was. It just made slick football difficult. The number of times players got the ball stuck under their feet. 

Other than that we were flat. No energy. Thought Roos made a couple of good saves. Bogle  prior to his injury good going forward. Waghorn in general just had a mare and the penalty was poor. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But as long as the goals are spread around the team why does it matter 

Because there won't be enough goals accumulated,  as someone said we will be in a hell of a lot of 0-0 / 1-0 games this year , if you look at probably the top 5 teams that you would think are close to promotion you'll notice they all have star quality somewhere,  mitrovic and knockheart at fulham , leeds with Hernandez and helder costa,  then you look at us and I bet we don't have the strongest player in any given position , and sometimes that is the difference in this league , we miss having an ince or vydra type player 

Archived