v Swansea City (H) Match Thread

David

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But if Cocu didn't think Paterson was of the correct standard then why get him in at all

I didnt say Paterson wasnt of the correct standard. I said he wasn't our first choice - that doesnt mean Cocu didn't think he was good enough, but it also doesn't mean he wouldn't have brought someone else in if he could have. Paterson is only on loan - not permanent and he is definitely better than not bringing anyone in at all.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Malone was ducking terrible 

his use of the ball was embarrassing Today 

poor decision making in the final third and Waggy had an off day 

Wasn’t over enamoured with Lawrence, Dowell or pattison, flashes from Dowell but seemed to be on the periphery (which was the impression I had of him pre coming here).

keogh and Clark looked excellent and I thought hudds knitted things together nicely

point and a clean sheet ... we move on 

I agree with you about Keogh and Clarke, Lawrence and Dowell, And yes the goalie saved Waggies pens but it was a good save from a goodish strike. It did take the wind out of his sails and he lost a bit of swagger but he worked hard all game.

cant agree about Malone, he had a great second half, 2 errors that I saw but only because he was trying to do the right thing and overall ... ... he plays the ball first time, with pace and positive intent. He put decent quick crosses in and a couple of cracking interceptions robbing his man. For some reason he is going to be this seasons Marmite player but for me he had as good a game as anyone apart from Keogh/Clarke

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

I didnt say Paterson wasnt of the correct standard. I said he wasn't our first choice - that doesnt mean Cocu didn't think he was good enough, but it also doesn't mean he wouldn't have brought someone else in if he could have. Paterson is only on loan - not permanent and he is definitely better than not bringing anyone in at all.

I agree he's cover but cover for who Zoon? We needed to be bringing players in better then we have who have flattered to deceive consistently over the past season 

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

My overall thought is I think we lacked a bit of steel against Swansea’s aggressive style. Maybe it would have been a game for Shinnie? Think we really lacked balance in midfield and someone who covered the ground (I’d rather see Dowell pushed further forward). 

I can see why you bring Marriott on, but the problems came from a lack of creativity and a lack of composure in the final third. At this moment, to me that brings Martin into the mix because we need someone others can play off and find the gaps. Christ I’m gonna get some comments for that, but...a hold up player is what they are desperate for.

One example in the first half that I thought typified our day was we tried to get them on the counter but our only players going forward Waghorn and Dowell. That’s until Keogh turned up out of nowhere. But what it showed to me that we were very slow making defence into attack (partly due to Huddlestone, partly due to lack of movement) we didn’t have enough sharp, positive players. 

But I’m not complaining too much, we've got a tough start and the longer we are unbeaten the better. This 11 will not be our 11 by September/October

Shinnie is not a Cocu player I fear. 

Totally agree with Martin. After the Rangers match it was evident we needed someone to hold the ball up and bring people in to play. Malone has done it in the odd game, but let's stick Martin and Marriott up front in the cup (and Sibley!) 

With Huddlestone and Evans in midfield it was always likely to be pedestrian, but there were 3 attacking mids who maybe should have done more to transition things.

Holmes, Bielik and a fit Marriott will make a difference, but we're going to have a rough season if losing one of those for a while stunts us.

Still, 2 points a game average, and very much mixing it with the automatic teams for all that counts at this stage. Not doing to bad and certain to improve. 

Poor very poor today to many nicey nicey passes in midfield and nothing created

Thar sais i would of snapped your hands off for four points from two games,our biggest concern is how injured is Bogle because if he is our for a while we have no cover at right back

2 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Poor very poor today to many nicey nicey passes in midfield and nothing created

Thar sais i would of snapped your hands off for four points from two games,our biggest concern is how injured is Bogle because if he is our for a while we have no cover at right back

Wisdom and Anya? I agree, not on the same level as Bogle, but they are cover. 

2 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Wisdom and Anya? I agree, not on the same level as Bogle, but they are cover. 

Wisdom is still out injured so it just limits the options further. A fully fit Wisdom and in the form of his first spell would push Bogle hard and even possibly push him out of the starting eleven.

Interesting post match interviews. Cocu said he was pleased all the players were trying to do what had been asked of them. Keogh said training had been a real eye opener with tactics and iirc praised the coaching staff. 

We're two games into a long and gruelling season where I for one felt everyone else has had a headstart on us. There'll be plenty of ups and downs. I'm looking forward to Marriott, Bielik and Holmes getting fully fit.

On which note I hope Bogle's OK as he's made himself such an important player for us. 

Very satisfied with where we are. The Scunny game is hopefully a chance for others to get minutes. 

Archived