v Swansea City (H) Match Thread

David

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just picking up the last couple of minutes of commentary and, while it has been a frustrating game, I have seen so much worse.  When considering it is a new manager’s second game, against a team who came to spoil then I think you shrug your shoulders and move on. Still some positives in there.

However, listening to RD you’d think it had been one of the worst performances ever. Completely different game to what I have seen.  They are shocking.  

After how good Swansea looked last weekend, I'm happy enough with a point.

Bielik will add a lot to our midfield and I think will solve both the mobility problem and improve our passing accuracy. Want to see a bit more from Dowell, who didn't impress me today.

Glad to see Josefzoon looking better today.

Dont think waghorn played well in last game either plus if dowell is going to the further of the 3 ye needs to get closer to waghorn been game today and has miles off him and with Evans and huddlestone together too slow lookong forward to bielik in there and Duane homes in there too will be alot more fluid 

Biggest takes from the game for me:

To properly play how Cocu wants, we need Bielik fit (assuming he's an improvement on Huddz/Evans/Dowell, cos we just can't seem to do it with them)

Lowe should be playing ahead of Malone. 100%.

Marriott needs to be starting up the middle. Waghon invisible, and wasteful of any possession that came his way.

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

How good was the penalty? 

It wasn't great. But it wasn't a bad penalty. 

Was just the classic "If the GK guesses the right way he'd have a good chance of saving that" penalty. And he did.

My conclusions after that is I would start Lowe over Malone everyday of the week. If Bogle is injured for any significant period of time though we are going to be in trouble on that side of the pitch attacking wise.

I might have been spoiled by the loanees we had last year, but I haven't been impressed by Dowell at all in either game so far - hopefully he improves as the season goes on. Personally would have brought Shinnie on for Evans instead of Paterson as well. Can't wait for Bielik to be fit.

If Marriott is fit he has to start. Waghorn had a nightmare today, but we all know how well he can play. I thought Zoon had a pretty good game today though.

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Dont think waghorn played well in last game either plus if Cowell is going to the further of the 3 ye needs to get closer to waghorn been game today and has miles off him and with Evans and huddlestone together too slow lookong forward to bielik in there and Duane homes in there too will be alot more fluid 

Sounds like he lacked the X Factor today.

Frustrating game, but 1 point is better than none and there’s only 2 teams who have managed back to back wins. So 4 points to start a tough first month of the season with a new manager in charge will do me.

i would really like to see fully fit Bielik, Marriott and Holmes in this team though.

Archived