Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Andicis

View from the outside 19/20

Recommended Posts

Thought I'd revive this old classic after reading a bit of the Huddersfield forum and the Forest forum.

From LTLF:

''You have to admit Derby appear to be doing everything right and spending money on quality over quantity.

Frank was a good fit originally and it elevated their standing commercially and allowed them to get some outstanding loans.

They’ve then convinced Cocu to manage them.

Highlighted a weak area and so signed a quality player in Bielik.

Looked to replace Mount and signed Dowell to fit into their system.

Get Rooney who will again probably pay for itself in terms of commercial revenue through the fact they will be on tv all the time now, sell plenty of shirts, and most likely attract more fans from across the world and increase their appeal.

All whilst we continue with the Mendes scattergun approach with a squad of about 40 players under an unproven manager who barely any of us had heard of...''

''Looks like Rooney is happening then. Fair play, that's an incredible signing.''

''This is depressing. He’ll still be great at this level despite his age. Especially with the league being as weak as it is. Can’t wait for this season to be over.'

From the Huddersfield forum:

''Derby were the more composed side, but as mentioned, if you go 2-0 up away from home & you've some decent ball players, then it's about game mgmt from there. Derby did that pretty well.''

''Derby didn’t need to get out of first gear tonight, didn’t need to break sweat. It was men against boys, ducking dire''

''Hadergjonaj can’t cross. Elphick had a mare but let’s give Derby County some credit here though. They were onto us from the start, they played with pace and quality. We couldn’t touch the bloody ball in the first 15 minutes! Cocu tactically outplayed Siewert and he knew our strengths and weaknesses. Their number 10 was fabulous and their defence barely put a foot wrong all game. They’ll get promotion this year I think.''

''Having said that Diakhaby looked very dangerous but needs to work on end product and we lost because of one mistake. Derby a good team and they’ll be there or there abouts, but we need to get a win soon and desperately or it’ll become toxic.''

''A really worrying performance and we’re lucky Derby declared at half time or it could’ve been ugly.

They pressed us high but we let them stroll into our half with minimal pressure on the ball. Lawrence was their only real threat and we let him drift into space and run at our defence constantly. They also seemed to get in behind our centre halves constantly to pick up the ball and run at our box.''

''And what has happened to the press? We made Keogh look like Hummels. Our midfield was non existent too. The whole set up and tactics were a shambles. 

There will be a lot harder games than Derby this season. They weren't great but we looked shocking next to them. A competent team would have exploited the massive holes in their defence on the counter. I didn't think we could get worse than last season but we have.''

''Utterly poo. Derby were way ahead of us.''

''However, Derby looked very good in the first half, Lawrence was a class above. They will be up there if he keeps playing like that''

''Lawrence be amazed if he's at Derby day after transfer deadline day''

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Andicis said:

Thought I'd revive this old classic after reading a bit of the Huddersfield forum and the Forest forum.

From LTLF:

''You have to admit Derby appear to be doing everything right and spending money on quality over quantity.

Frank was a good fit originally and it elevated their standing commercially and allowed them to get some outstanding loans.

They’ve then convinced Cocu to manage them.

Highlighted a weak area and so signed a quality player in Bielik.

Looked to replace Mount and signed Dowell to fit into their system.

Get Rooney who will again probably pay for itself in terms of commercial revenue through the fact they will be on tv all the time now, sell plenty of shirts, and most likely attract more fans from across the world and increase their appeal.

All whilst we continue with the Mendes scattergun approach with a squad of about 40 players under an unproven manager who barely any of us had heard of...''

''Looks like Rooney is happening then. Fair play, that's an incredible signing.''

''This is depressing. He’ll still be great at this level despite his age. Especially with the league being as weak as it is. Can’t wait for this season to be over.'

From the Huddersfield forum:

''Derby were the more composed side, but as mentioned, if you go 2-0 up away from home & you've some decent ball players, then it's about game mgmt from there. Derby did that pretty well.''

''Derby didn’t need to get out of first gear tonight, didn’t need to break sweat. It was men against boys, ducking dire''

''Hadergjonaj can’t cross. Elphick had a mare but let’s give Derby County some credit here though. They were onto us from the start, they played with pace and quality. We couldn’t touch the bloody ball in the first 15 minutes! Cocu tactically outplayed Siewert and he knew our strengths and weaknesses. Their number 10 was fabulous and their defence barely put a foot wrong all game. They’ll get promotion this year I think.''

''Having said that Diakhaby looked very dangerous but needs to work on end product and we lost because of one mistake. Derby a good team and they’ll be there or there abouts, but we need to get a win soon and desperately or it’ll become toxic.''

''A really worrying performance and we’re lucky Derby declared at half time or it could’ve been ugly.

They pressed us high but we let them stroll into our half with minimal pressure on the ball. Lawrence was their only real threat and we let him drift into space and run at our defence constantly. They also seemed to get in behind our centre halves constantly to pick up the ball and run at our box.''

''And what has happened to the press? We made Keogh look like Hummels. Our midfield was non existent too. The whole set up and tactics were a shambles. 

There will be a lot harder games than Derby this season. They weren't great but we looked shocking next to them. A competent team would have exploited the massive holes in their defence on the counter. I didn't think we could get worse than last season but we have.''

''Utterly poo. Derby were way ahead of us.''

''However, Derby looked very good in the first half, Lawrence was a class above. They will be up there if he keeps playing like that''

''Lawrence be amazed if he's at Derby day after transfer deadline day''

Who’s this Hummels bloke? And what’s he done to be compared keogh...?

Share this post


Link to post

I caught a bit of a radio leeds sport phone in last night on the way back. They made a big deal about us bringing in young premier League loan players who were class and made the difference, and that they should be doing the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, swanny said:

I caught a bit of a radio leeds sport phone in last night on the way back. They made a big deal about us bringing in young premier League loan players who were class and made the difference, and that they should be doing the same thing. 

I mean last year didn't they have Jack Harrison, Lewis Baker and another one I can't remember? They have been doing it, just with not very good ones.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Srg said:

I mean last year didn't they have Jack Harrison, Lewis Baker and another one I can't remember? They have been doing it, just with not very good ones.

Izzy Brown.. barely played due to injury though.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Izzy Brown.. barely played due to injury though.

Izzy Brown? Married to Tyrone in Corrie or is it the one in the wheelchair? 

Edited by oldtimeram

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Andicis said:

There will be a lot harder games than Derby this season. They weren't great but we looked shocking next to them. A competent team would have exploited the massive holes in their defence on the counter. I didn't think we could get worse than last season but we have.''

 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

"Waghorn is bang average at this level and gave Elphick a torrid time".
"I don't think Waghorn even qualifies as average at this level."

I think Huddersfield are a little unrealistic in their expectations

1) We're one of the tougher teams in the league

2) Waggers is a very decent forward at this level and showed it last season

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I think Huddersfield are a little unrealistic in their expectations

Typical relegated teams... Think they can  down to the championship, having lost every week, and then bounce straight back up. Not as simple as that. People don't realise it's a tough tough League. Hence we've been here for 12 years still not managed to get out of it

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

Typical relegated teams... Think they can  down to the championship, having lost every week, and then bounce straight back up. Not as simple as that. People don't realise it's a tough tough League. Hence we've been here for 12 years still not managed to get out of it

I also think we're a little under the radar this season - Fans from teams we played last season know we still have some very handy players - But ALL the news about us last season was Lampard, Wilson and Mount so people are assuming without them we're essentially relegation fodder - Totally ignores we have one of the best young RBs in the league, a solid defence, decent keeper, Huddlestone's innate talent, a LB who we bought from the PL and 2/3 forwards who showed they have a bit of magic (Waggers, Lawrence and Marriott) - Plus a manager with a proven track record of making winning sides and being an excellent coach

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

Typical relegated teams... Think they can  down to the championship, having lost every week, and then bounce straight back up. Not as simple as that. People don't realise it's a tough tough League. Hence we've been here for 12 years still not managed to get out of it

I dont necessarily subscribe to your logic that because we've failed to get promoted for 12 seasons ergo it's a tough league, the two statements can't be validly linked.

I do agree it is a tough league but then it doesn't follow that this is the reason we have failed to get out of it Cardiff and Huddersfield have managed to achieve what we did not so far for example.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Boro seem a bit jealous at the moment: "I’d love nothing more than it all coming crashing down on the likes of Derby"

I prefer this one (regarding our signing of Rooney)

"Level playing field my ***. What is the actual point of ffp?"

Says the supporters of a club being paid millions of pounds in parachute payments. I don't really think its our fault they let tony Pulis spunk all their money away on average players - we haven't broken any rules and we haven't broken FFP.

Share this post


Link to post

A few good quotes from a few forums regarding Rooney... (hopefully the swear filter works)

Birmingham
"What a signing that is."

Bristol City
"Clubs should refuse to play the ricks who act like this."

Cardiff
"He will destroy championship defenders"
"I know they get decent crowds but Derby have been chucking money at promotion for years now, they must be flirting with FFP."

Leeds
"Absolute ducking joke. Jesus I ducking hate them"
"Fuckinh joke. As much as i hate the guy he will be the best player in the league easily. Still only 33."
"They're only doing it to annoy us"
"[Derby have] been taking the piss for years"
"Corrupt as duck"

Millwall
"Quality player still, coup for Derby."
"He is a Bamford Derby are Bamfords,perfect match,he will keep them in this division mong brains actually believe he can take them up.complete Bamfords"

Stoke
"Would be an excellent addition to any club in this league"

Swansea
"Derby have to go up, or the poo hits the fan"

West Brom
"How the hell are Derby going to be able to afford Rooney??... still think he would score a lot of goals at Championship level."

Wigan
"Cheating barstewards!"

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Millwall

 

"Quality player still, coup for Derby."
"He is a Bamford Derby are Bamfords,perfect match,he will keep them in this division mong brains actually believe he can take them up.complete Bamfords"

Imagine being a Milwall fan and unironically calling another set of fans 'mong brains'.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.