Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

24 minutes ago, ScamRam said:

Dave Mackay was 33 when he made his debut in 1968 having won every honour in Scotland and England. We got promoted end of that season

Yep. I was there. My first season ticket soon followed. Cheers. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JfR said:

On the BBC stream, during the turnaround from the televised part of the conference there was a reminder to the journalists of there being a 10:30 embargo. I can't imagine there's much else that needs to be kept under wraps about Rooney, so maybe there's someone else to come.

Any indication to what this embargo could be?

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Any indication to what this embargo could be?

Not really, no. Like I say though, I can't think there's anything more with the Rooney transfer that hasn't already come out, so it will be interesting to see what they're keeping quiet.

10 minutes ago, Ramzabac said:

Yep. I was there. My first season ticket soon followed. Cheers

Rooney will be in news every day so profile of Rams will increase. More young players will watch Rams to see how Rooney is doing. More sponsorship will come our way. etc etc

8 minutes ago, JfR said:

Not really, no. Like I say though, I can't think there's anything more with the Rooney transfer that hasn't already come out, so it will be interesting to see what they're keeping quiet.

I think I might have had enough excitement for one day...

Oh go on then Mel, give us another

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

If you wouldn't mind just publicly confirming your true identity and own salary first, then I'll tell you what I know!

I've heard he's going to be on 100k but 32 red are paying most of his wages as part of this big sponsor deal. So I'd say top Derby would pay is 30 to 35k 

If we’re there or there abouts come January, his incoming presence could be massive, just like Mitrovic’s was for fulham the season they went up. 

Rooney at one point of his career was one of the best strikers in Europe, if not world football, and he’s now playing for Derby County! let that sink in 

how amazing would it be if he came in and it was his goals and influence that fired us into the premier league 

stuff dreams are made of

6 minutes ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

I've heard he's going to be on 100k but 32 red are paying most of his wages as part of this big sponsor deal. So I'd say top Derby would pay is 30 to 35k 

With respect (and nothing personal, but seeing as you quoted me...), I'm not overly fussed on what you, and plenty of others "have heard".  Unless it's a link to some facts, I'll leave my trust in the custodians of my club, and hope they don't mess up.
I only (sarcastically) commented on the subject because someone asked for confirmation of Rooney's earnings, as if it should be public knowledge!   

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

On one hand I’m absolutely buzzing with this signing but is anybody else slightly concerned that the rest of the squad might get annoyed with the fact Rooney is earning far more money than they are? Did we really need another PR circus at the club? was actually quite happy to be back to being Derby County.

Why would they be concerned that this country's greatest ever goalscorer and Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League winner is earning more than them? 

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Why would they be concerned that this country's greatest ever goalscorer and Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League winner is earning more than them? 

Everyone seems ok with Chris Martin earning more than them?

So I’m sure Wayne Rooney’s wages won’t cause beef?

7 hours ago, Phoenix said:

I must say that I was just as amazed when we signed Dave Mackay, who'd won just about everything. We weren't anywhere near promotion material at the time.

Me too! And don't forget Franny Lee who had achieved everything in the game...when he signed for us I was a little bit sceptical...maybe winding down his career with one last payday? How wrong I was.He provided some of the most iconic moments of 70s football whilst wearing a Rams shirt........" Look at his face,just look at his face"! Then who can forget Franny v Bites your Leg? Oh and the small matter of the Football League Championship trophy.Well there are some advantages of being an old fogie! If Mr Rooney achieves half of what Dave Mackay and Franny did for this club then it's money very well spent.

19 minutes ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

Mel has already said he's not on wages like anybody thinks. He's not going to be on £100k per week. If he was on £65k in The States, he's going to be on less than that because he wanted to come home. 

Don't believe everything you hear because people make things up.

2 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Mel has already said he's not on wages like anybody thinks. He's not going to be on £100k per week. If he was on £65k in The States, he's going to be on less than that because he wanted to come home. 

Don't believe everything you hear because people make things up.

Even if he was on £100k a week, on a free transfer (which American sources seem to be suggesting will be the case) and an 18 month contract that wouldn't have even have cost us £8m. That's hardly an extortionate amount of money for a top level Championship player. It's about as much as Leeds spent on Bamford before wages.

10 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The replies to this tweet are fantastic.

Haha! Brilliant!!! 

A club that teased us with crying chants last season!! 

They started bawling after the play off semi and are still going now!! 

6 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Don’t stop there....whilst simultaneously all but guarantee’s automatic promotion..

Sod all the doubters and green eyed gumps, blow up bielsa girls and Steve Gibson.... football is all about daring to dream. That’s why we turn up start of every season.

This has the hallmarks of the boost my old man reckoned Mackay gave us, or Stimac to a lesser extent. We have a talisman coming in January; no post Christmas meltdown this year!

Yep your Dad told you right!.My first Rams game was 1967... Before Clough! But the feeling around the town when we signed such an iconic player as Mackay was incredible...we knew then this cocky upstart Clough meant business..and did it take off! Oh and don't forget that other ageing legend we signed a few years later Franny Lee...he did OK as well....he gained another unexpected League Championship trophy as well as sorting Bites yet leg Hunter.

Archived