Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

According to a brief delve into Everton forums, they're still fond of him and in the early summer (when the "Rooney wants to coach" stuff came up) described him as potentially being a useful squad player, if he were to come back from DC.

If they still thought he could do a job for them he can certainly do one for us. 

Cool that’s what i wanted to read really, that he can do a job for us rather than coming to earn his badges, have a celebratory lap as a player, learn from Cocu and bugger off

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Thing is I don't think he will be earning more from the club.

I bet we pay him a fair wage in line with the rest of the squad and then I bet he has signed a personal sponsorship deal (brokered by Mel) with 32Red who then bulk up his wage in effect.

All our players are welcome to do the same if their names are big enough.

I hope you’re right mate, thought we’d be coming into this season under the radar a bit but Mel has literally blown that radar to smithereens with a tomahawk missile ? 

Well, what a day to be too busy to go on here until evening... I'm normally on here at 05:30, and quite often on and off through the day at my desk!  But not today!  Damn it!  Just took me two hours just to catch up on this thread!  LOL!  (I'm a notoriously slow reader!)

This is bigger than the Derek Hales signing!  Yep, I really do believe that!  :-)

Frustrating about the delayed start, but hopefully in the long run, it will suit us and him. 

Ok, I maybe won't go as far as getting a shirt with his name on the back, as that's just not me... but I'll give him the biggest cheer in the stadium, when he does finally step out in The Black & White.

Oh and thank you fellow forumites  for a thoroughly enjoyable read.  

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONY!

Very shrewd from Mel. I'll be amazed it we don't make money from the arrangement irrespective of whether or not he helps us go up. An even more lucrative deal for the club than bring in Lampard.

Anyway, are we now 'Wayne Rooney's Derby County'?

better than being 'Bennie Feilhabor's Derby County' either way.

How times change.

I am no body language expert but Phillip didn't give off good vibes in the press conference, to me anyway. Maybe he feels Rooney is in line for his job, understandable after Frank. Also didn't he have a lot of staff around him at fenerbache, hopefully he makes the decisions on the pitch.

Lampard was still playing for Man City at 37, so no reason why WR cannot do a great job for us at 34/35. Class is permanent and he looks after his fitness. Still pinching myself that I am going to be watching him in a Derby shirt... and how old was Dave McKay when we signed him? 

3 hours ago, MK said:

Manager Philip Cocu introducing new signing Wayne Rooney. For Derby! 

I've had non-Derby friends messaging me all day about this. As far as publicity for the club Mel has smashed this.

Screenshot_20190806-171307_Chrome.jpg

Imagine photoshopping this image 6 weeks ago, you’d have been sent to a looney bin...

Archived