Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JupiterRam said:

End of last season - Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Olsson, Blackman, Pearce, Nugent, Cole, 3 Prem loans
vs
Beginning of this season - Rooney, Bielik, Shinnie, 2 Prem loans

Fair play

mel and the team have done an incredible job 

48 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Its not what you are saying. It is the way you are saying it that makes you out to be a troll - trying to belittle everyone else, because you think your opinion is more important than any other persons.

And there can be more than one legend - just because Rooney is considered to be a legend by some does not preclude anybody else from achieving the same epithet.

I'm genuinely sorry if that's how I've come across. No offence intended to anyone.

I've got family from Manchester so when I was a kid I was regularly taken to both Man United and Derby games until I was old enough to go on my own (with mates) to just Derby games. Rooney was my favourite player growing up so it's fair to say I'm a wee bit excited about this one .....

d5d9e1af048c3cb89cda008cb970e9bd.png giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Can you please avoid the personal insults. I'm not an idiot.

His domestic record is excellent, as I've said. I'd just argue he underperformed for England.

I suppose I always get a bit uncomfortable with the level of adulation afforded to players who have made their name elsewhere. It feels like people forget the club and start idolising a stranger.

Record goal scorer. If only he’d performed. 

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I've got family from Manchester so when I was a kid I was regularly taken to both Man United and Derby games until I was old enough to go on my own (with mates) to just Derby games. Rooney was my favourite player growing up so it's fair to say I'm a wee bit excited about this one .....

d5d9e1af048c3cb89cda008cb970e9bd.png giphy.gif

@Boycie is this your lad?

Feeling a bit deflated if Rooney isn't arriving until January. It's a bit like the old joke about a woman who buys her husband a season ticket for his favourite football team but doesn't give it him till Christmas.

On the upside, him not coming till January should help stop the annual new year slump.

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

Feeling a bit deflated if Rooney isn't arriving until January. It's a bit like the old joke about a woman who buys her husband a season ticket for his favourite football team but doesn't give it him till Christmas.

On the upside, him not coming till January should help stop the annual new year slump.

Or we can blame Rooney?

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I feel like the main reason he is agreeing today and being unveiled to the media even though he isnt playing until January is purely a pr stunt to generate revenue and hype etc before he joins , all about money

Mel said it was to strengthen the global brand and commercial opportunities. 

Archived