Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

33 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Who says I won’t enjoy it?

If Rooney comes in and bags 10 goals and 10 assists and transforms the team’s fortunes, I am not going to sit with my arms crossed and a frown on my face, am I?

But let’s call a spade a spade.

PS. as a kid, Wanchope was my hero.

And now as a old grumpy man, Rooney will slowly become your hero. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we ever signed a more high profile player ?? Ravanelli was a big signing but I can't think of anyone bigger.....this is what being a football fan is all about...my phone has been texted to death today by my mates who all support other teams......the reaction is positive what is not to like??...he is still a very good player ☺️

46 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

PR wise, very good transfer

Playing wise Im not so sure but prepared to look on the brightside. He will offer something that the club hasnt got currently which is definite class. 

The shirt sales thing could be a bit of a red herring. Its estimated that the big clubs get circa 10 - 15% of shirt sales revenue, and most people who buy a shirt will do anyway, so the 'additional' volume of sales sometimes isnt much. Every little helps I suppose. However, perhaps Derby have a different deal with Umbro. 

I guess all the numbers will come out in the wash eventually, the best way for Wayne to pay his way is to get promotion this season. 

I think you may be right, our sales will increase a little from home based fans, but I really can imagine some reasonable numbers from none Derby folk. 

9 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

You've been talking to yourself again haven't you?

Good one.

Actually if you took the time to follow my posts rather than make a needless dig, you would see that I have been optimistic about the club and our chances this season. Even prior to the signings of Rooney, Bielik and Clarke.

Do we have to agree with every decision the club makes?

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

On one hand I’m absolutely buzzing with this signing but is anybody else slightly concerned that the rest of the squad might get annoyed with the fact Rooney is earning far more money than they are? Did we really need another PR circus at the club? was actually quite happy to be back to being Derby County.

Thing is I don't think he will be earning more from the club.

I bet we pay him a fair wage in line with the rest of the squad and then I bet he has signed a personal sponsorship deal (brokered by Mel) with 32Red who then bulk up his wage in effect.

All our players are welcome to do the same if their names are big enough.

Archived