Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Lowe has had a chance to impress a few managers now and none of them have been convinced enough by him to be a regular starter whereas someone like Bogle has come in and taken his chance. For Cocu to consider selling Lowe he must be another not to have been convinced by Lowe, plus we have Macdonald coming through 

Doesn’t mean those managers are right though... never really get that arguement, they’ve nearly all been sacked and are unemployed. He also may be more ready now after his couple of loan spells than he was previously at those times. Can’t look at it so simply for me. Bogle was more of a rarity rather than the norm coming through at his age, and he had an opening with Baird leaving to impress in pre season. 

I agree on the latter point though, I just don’t agree with him on that account. We do have macdonald coming through, but even with Lowe gone we still have Malone and Forsyth so doubt he’ll be needed in the squad.

Just now, therealhantsram said:

The thing is, he's not a Championship defender (yet), and extrapolating that young Championship full backs are worth 10m is too simplistic. 

Look at Jay Dasilva for example. Brizzle signed him for around 4.5m. He is a year younger than Lowe, played about 80 leagues games and 28 of those in the Championship. And has about 60 England youth caps too.

Is Lowe worth more than DaSilva?  Can't see how you can argue that.

Lloyd Kelly is worth 13 million though. DaSilva for 4.5m seems extraordinarily cheap tbh at that price. The market is kinda hard to predict at the minute, but to a Championship rival we should be asking a higher price anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s true we’re overstocked at left back by one player I’d say, so It’d certainly make sense for us to get shot of one. Was personally expecting lowe to go out on loan again to sort that situation but maybe this changes things. If we’re selling, I’d much rather sell Forsyth than Lowe given he seems to struggle to ever be fit. (Mind lowe has had his own injury troubles in the past). Lowe impressed in the SPL last year, and it would be foolish imo to sell him after that. Deserves a chance in our first team squad now imo at the very least. Would be stupid to sell him at his age, especially not to another championship club where he could do us damage. 

No to his sale from me, turn Preston down imo. See what happens next week I guess.

I'd can't imagine teams queuing round the block to sign Fozzy, due to his injury record.

3rd ACL injury in a relatively short time, isn't it? 

Such a shame, a very decent footballer on his day, and the best LB at the club IMO, at least he's earned every penny we've paid him, unlike some others.

13 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'd can't imagine teams queuing round the block to sign Fozzy, due to his injury record.

3rd ACL injury in a relatively short time, isn't it? 

Such a shame, a very decent footballer on his day, and the best LB at the club IMO, at least he's earned every penny we've paid him, unlike some others.

Yeah neither can I, although he does seem close to fitness so someone may take a gamble- Though itd be cut price. 

And yeah it is I think, surprised he can continue playing tbh, but he’s clearly managing to get fit!

I'd sell him for 3-3.5million but include a high sell on clause maybe 20% in case he develops and goes for a lot in the future, as of yet he probably isn't good enough for us. Even though the market is inflated no way is he worth any more than 5 mill when he has looked poor at this level.

Let's put it another way.  In an alternative universe, 12 months from now when we've won promotion, who has the greater chance of being a competent LB in the Premier League?

- the time serve Championship LB with 3 ACL's behind him who no-one has ever deemed worthy of a bid to try him at PL level

- the time served Championship LB with sparrow legs who has never been trusted defensively at the highest level

- the England u21 international LB, who stormed his only full season, has massive potential and was wanted by multiple clubs in 2019

(This isn't a slight on either Fozzy or Malone, who I both rate)

16 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Let's put it another way.  In an alternative universe, 12 months from now when we've won promotion, who has the greater chance of being a competent LB in the Premier League?

- the time serve Championship LB with 3 ACL's behind him who no-one has ever deemed worthy of a bid to try him at PL level

- the time served Championship LB with sparrow legs who has never been trusted defensively at the highest level

- the England u21 international LB, who stormed his only full season, has massive potential and was wanted by multiple clubs in 2019

That's one way to put if you're fan of Lowe.

You could also say that he is England u21 international, who at the age of 22, has only managed to play in 12 Championship games, was deemed not good enough and was sent to Scotland to get some playing time.

I wouldn't mind him in the team this season, but he is one of the very sellable assets as most likely there will be takers and he is not first choice. 

And to your original question.. I wouldn't count any of them ? 

14 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Is the correct answer "none of them" ?

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

If Championship defenders can be worth 25 million, 5 to 6 mill is a bit too low. Looking more at 10 million for me, just because that's the market these days.

No chance! Comparing him to Lloyd Kelly, Kelly has more than a full season of Championship football behind him (playing very well by all accounts), can play in two positions, has a better injury record and is two years younger.

Dont get what Lowe has done to deserve to start over Malone. Last summer he had a better preseason than he has this summer then he played poorly in the league games he playes. Yes one was Leeds away but it was against a young lad who was making his debut, you would hope Lowe could have done a better job if he wants to be a regular starter for us.

Malone comes across gangly, lanky and clumsy but is actually better than he is given credit for. He is always bombing forward and being an option as well as actually putting in a decent ball. Malone tends to get caught out of position alot but thats normally because he is attacking. Maybe Rosenior cant sort that side of his game out then that will make Malone a very good LB at this level

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

No chance! Comparing him to Lloyd Kelly, Kelly has more than a full season of Championship football behind him (playing very well by all accounts), can play in two positions, has a better injury record and is two years younger.

I think it's a fair comparison. I'll give it to you that Kelly is the more versatile player, making him a touch more valuable, however I personally think Lowe is the better footballer. It was to give a benchmark for the sort of price Championship players go for. Not going into the SPL vs the Championship argument, but the top few in the SPL are better than top Championship clubs for me. Take into account if it's a rival like Preston bidding, we should be asking for more, as I'm not sure why we would want to strengthen our rivals with, in my opinion, our best left back.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Dont get what Lowe has done to deserve to start over Malone.

I would say Lowe is much more comfortable on the ball than Malone. Also definitely think he's better going forward as he can go past a player much more easily. Malone's a solid enough player, but Lowe has potential to be much better than Malone. From preseason, I personally think Lowe's performances have been much better than Malone's. Dropping Lowe in away against the team that's top of the league, and leaving him totally exposed is a little bit of a baptism of fire, and therefore extremely harsh to judge. 

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Oh my (internet adopted) son.  The difference is one half successful season.  And for that you'd be prepared to forsake 10mil GBP?

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think it's a fair comparison. I'll give it to you that Kelly is the more versatile player, making him a touch more valuable, however I personally think Lowe is the better footballer. It was to give a benchmark for the sort of price Championship players go for. Not going into the SPL vs the Championship argument, but the top few in the SPL are better than top Championship clubs for me. Take into account if it's a rival like Preston bidding, we should be asking for more, as I'm not sure why we would want to strengthen our rivals with, in my opinion, our best left back.

No offence to Preston, but if we are going for promotion I don't see them as a rival.

Archived