Sign in to follow this  
NottsRammy

Max Lowe

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yes it is, see where it is ranked in the UEFA rankings....I think the Cypriut league and Israeli leagues are ranked higher. But back on point, you said he wasn't good enough for Celtic which suggests he aint good enough to play in the SPL, so logic says you think he isn't good enough for us, as I am sure 99% of football fans who know anything about football know that the Championship is a much stronger league....

The UEFA rankings don’t mean poo, they’re all based on some bizzare statistical analysis and frankly I wouldn’t trust UEFA after everything thats happened to statistically analyse my spending on nights out, yet alone league standards. It’s a ridiculous thing to try an assess with numbers as it’s so subjective.

I mean for one not good enough for Celtic doesn’t mean not good enough for anyone in the SPL- as you constantly tell us the bottom teams may as well quit and go on the dole so I’m sure he’s good enough for them if that’s the case. Also, it’s just my opinion he ain’t good enough for Celtic- Neil Lennon nearly bought him for them which suggests I’m probably wrong and that he is good enough which is more the point, just that whoever else they’ve gone for is slightly better. If he’s even close to being good enough for Celtic even if not quite, then he’s good enough for us, because Celtic are better than us- anyone who knows anything about football would tell you that. 

Also, your last point is complete baalocks. No one with any knowledge of football would describe the championship as “much stronger” than the SPL. You could argue it’s better, but “much stronger” is like the gap between the prem and the champ, which just isn’t the case between here and the SPL- as I say, otherwise every player from the SPL who moves here would fail, which they don’t on the whole. I’m convinced most on the forum would back me up here, and I’d say most here know their football...

Dont know if your ex wife was Scottish or something but you don’t half have an obsession with the SPL... May initial post didn’t even mention it

Edited by Millenniumram

55 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

For a substandard league, it doesn't half produce some good players on a regular basis, which I'm sure you'll agree with.

The league may be weak, but that doesn't mean Celtic are a poor team, I'd wager they'd finish above us in the Championship.

A lot of smaller leagues produce some good players agreed.....as have Scotland. But the implication that the SPL as a whole is anywhere near the standard of the Championship is just absurd.....

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

A lot of smaller leagues produce some good players agreed.....as have Scotland. But the implication that the SPL as a whole is anywhere near the standard of the Championship is just absurd.....

I don't think anyone is arguing that point, but just because Celtic belong to a less well funded and supported league doesn't drag them down to the overall level of their opposition, so the fact Max Lowe may not be deemed good enough for them doesn't mean he's not good enough for us.

53 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The UEFA rankings don’t mean poo, they’re all based on some bizzare statistical analysis and frankly I wouldn’t trust UEFA after everything thats happened to statistically analyse my spending on nights out, yet alone league standards. It’s a ridiculous thing to try an assess with numbers as it’s so subjective.

I mean for one not good enough for Celtic doesn’t mean not good enough for anyone in the SPL- as you constantly tell us the bottom teams may as well quit and go on the dole so I’m sure he’s good enough for them if that’s the case. Also, it’s just my opinion he ain’t good enough for Celtic- Neil Lennon nearly bought him for them which suggests I’m probably wrong and that he is good enough which is more the point, just that whoever else they’ve gone for is slightly better. If he’s even close to being good enough for Celtic even if not quite, then he’s good enough for us, because Celtic are better than us- anyone who knows anything about football would tell you that. 

Also, your last point is complete baalocks. No one with any knowledge of football would describe the championship as “much stronger” than the SPL. You could argue it’s better, but “much stronger” is like the gap between the prem and the champ, which just isn’t the case between here and the SPL- as I say, otherwise every player from the SPL who moves here would fail, which they don’t on the whole. I’m convinced most on the forum would back me up here, and I’d say most here know their football...

Dont know if your ex wife was Scottish or something but you don’t half have an obsession with the SPL... May initial post didn’t even mention it

You are deluded Millennium Ram, you seem to type before you get your brain in to gear first. Celtic are a similar standard to the likes of the Rams, Leeds, West Brom, Fulham etc, the better teams in the Championship. They have similar player budgets to the top 6 in the Championship. But you do need to do your research on the SPL as a whole which you seem to continually fail to do. Where would you rank the bottom 6 teams in the SPL, the likes of Hamilton, St Johnstone, Livingstone, Kilmarnock?? Are you really saying these clubs, with these budgets, with these stadia, with these attendances and with these type players are anywhere near Championship standard? How can they be when you compare the budgets they have to teams in Championship?. It would be a miracle. The Championship is the 10th richest league in the world, the SPL 26th......the Championship is the fourth most watched league in Europe...………..do I need to go on.....has the penny finally dropped.....

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

6th best Championship side lost to the 2nd best in the SPL. The 9th best drew with the worst... yet the SPL isn’t “anywhere near the standard of the Championship”?

edit: in fact, I don’t think any SPL side (current or from last season) lost to a side in the Championship or lower during preseason. 

Edited by Ghost of Clough

17 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You are deluded Millennium Ram, you seem to type before you get your brain in to gear first. Celtic are a similar standard to the likes of the Rams, Leeds, West Brom, Fulham etc, the better teams in the Championship. They have similar player budgets to the top 6 in the Championship. But you do need to do your research on the SPL as a whole which you seem to continually fail to do. Where would you rank the bottom 6 teams in the SPL, the likes of Hamilton, St Johnstone, Livingstone, Kilmarnock?? Are you really saying these clubs, with these budgets, with these stadia, with these attendances and with these type players are anywhere near Championship standard? How can they be when you compare the budgets they have to teams in Championship?. It would be a miracle. The Championship is the 10th richest league in the world, the SPL 26th......the Championship is the fourth most watched league in Europe...………..do I need to go on.....has the penny finally dropped.....

Celtic are of a better standard than every team in the championship. You put that team in this division, it wins easily. Rangers aren’t far off being better either, and there’s a few more at least like Aberdeen that could compete in the championship. Sure there’s a few teams at the bottom who aren’t great, a few a long way off championship standard. But you average that our, and there’s no way that you can call the SPL that much worse. 

I don’t give a toss about budgets, attendances... all I care about is the player quality. If the player quality is so poor then why would championship teams buy so many players from there! 

And you call me deluded... I don’t even give one about the SPL, it’s only you on here that has some obsession

Why does every thread that involves a possible move to or from a Scottish club descend into the same circular debate about the perceived quality of Scottish football? 

On topic, I am pleased Max is staying at Derby. Saw enough in the match against Girona to see he's learned a lot from his season with Aberdeen. He seems fitter, stronger and more positionally aware.

Left back has been a problem position injury wise for us for several seasons now. When the inevitable happens, I think he will step up and show his worth if given the opportunity. 

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

6th best Championship side lost to the 2nd best in the SPL. The 9th best drew with the worst... yet the SPL isn’t “anywhere near the standard of the Championship”?

edit: in fact, I don’t think any SPL side (current or from last season) lost to a side in the Championship or lower during preseason. 

Aberdeen drew 1-1 twice with Burnley in the Europa League last season, eventually losing the 2nd leg in extra time. The top SPL sides are certainly comparible with most Championship teams.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But they play in a awful league much lower standard than what we do so not sure the point you are making...just for a change....

Utter nonsense, the top teams in the SPL are as good as lower prem, upper championship teams. 

The fact Lowe played well in that situation bodes well for us and I hope he now becomes our first choice left back. 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Why does every thread that involves a possible move to or from a Scottish club descend into the same circular debate about the perceived quality of Scottish football? 

Theres a common denominator..........

Amyway, my only fear about Max staying is that he needs games. The longer he stays out of the team the more he might struggle to get going once he gets a chance. 

Mind you, if the team are flying and playing with confidence it would take some of the pressure off. 

If Clarke is a talker, then theres no reason Max wont flourish. McKenna did that for him last season. 

doesn’t the scottish transfer window only close in September - so we could still have someone depart ? (particularly one of the left backs with Forsyth coming back soon ?) 

presume same applies to McCallister ? 

6 hours ago, singaporeram said:

doesn’t the scottish transfer window only close in September - so we could still have someone depart ? (particularly one of the left backs with Forsyth coming back soon ?) 

presume same applies to McCallister ? 

Exactly this, the transfer window only restricts people coming in, but people can still leave to other leagues with open windows.

Posted (edited)

I hope we still keep hold of Lowe. I'm sure he will push for that LB spot and I suspect he will get it. He had a few bad performances last season, but he was actually decent when he had a run of games in two seasons before. He was named MOTM in a couple of them if I remember rightly. 

He was also most definitely our best player last season's preseason. He was a revelation. The Leeds games really have tarnished his reputation. He won the PPOTY award at Aberdeen and they have another defender who is valued around £7m. I genuinely would be surprised if he wouldn't be better than Malone given the chance. 

Edited by Ambitious