Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

Gotta feel for Max here. Whatever anyone says about the Scottish league, Celtic are a huge club and a big step up from us in their stature. Must be be pretty poo to get mentally ready for a move then it being called off. 

I don't disagree with you but I believe that Max will play at a higher level than Celtic in the fullness of time.

Interesting that one. Surprised we didn’t hear anything about accepting an offer, especially when the deal was clearly probably only paperwork off being completed. Harsh on both us and Lowe for Celtic to pull the plug at the last minute like that, although in all fairness they’re entitled to if they’ve found a better option- I wouldn’t think Lowe is ready for Celtic yet tbf.

1 hour ago, Nick_Ram said:

Read the Scott Malone thread to see our record with him and without him in the team. 

Scott Malone gets the W.

Interestingly, Lowe and Malone have the EXACT same points per game in a Derby shirt, BUT Lowe has the better win ratio. (league only)

Malone
Played 30
Won 15
Draw 10
Lost 5
55pts = 1.83 ppg
Win ratio = 0.50

Lowe
Played 12
Won 7
Draw 1
Lost 4
22 pts = 1.83 ppg
Win ratio = 0.58

Forsyth
Played 163
Won 77
Draw 44
Lost 42
275 pts = 1.69 ppg
Win ratio = 0.47

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Interesting that one. Surprised we didn’t hear anything about accepting an offer, especially when the deal was clearly probably only paperwork off being completed. Harsh on both us and Lowe for Celtic to pull the plug at the last minute like that, although in all fairness they’re entitled to if they’ve found a better option- I wouldn’t think Lowe is ready for Celtic yet tbf.

Why are you surprised we didn't hear anything about accepting an offer,it's nothing to do with us, have you any proof to confirm that the deal was clearly probably only paperwork away It's the same with all the other players we are allegedly after and didn't get, has Cocu come out and stated we were after "x" and didn't get him until that happens it's all garbage and speculation,that's just down to posters on here who they would like brought in. Sports journalists speculate as much as we do, they really have no idea who Cocu is really after. In Cocu we have a manager who keeps his cards very close to his chest and the only time they will know or posted on social media is when the paperwork is being completed and there is something to tell    

Celtic's loss if the £2 to £3 mill fees cited were anywhere near the mark. One decent season with us and Max will be worth 3 to 4 times those numbers, at very least. I'm actually delighted that he's staying. I like Malone but Jayden and Max can be our future here at Derby, I'm absolutely convinced of it.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well, if he isn't ready for the SPL, he certainly isn't ready for the Championship in that case....

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well, if he isn't ready for the SPL, he certainly isn't ready for the Championship in that case....

Bryson, Russell, Martin, Anya or Fozzy?

One of them boys must have run over your cat, which one?

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

If he’s ready for Celtic, he’s ready for us. Their team is as good if not better than ours.

But they play in a awful league much lower standard than what we do so not sure the point you are making...just for a change....

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

But they play in a awful league much lower standard than what we do so not sure the point you are making...just for a change....

Are you actually a wind up merchant or what?

Can you not understand that it doesn’t matter if Celtic play in pissing gibraltar- if they’re squad is better than ours and Lowe is good enough to get in their team, then he’s got to be good enough to get in ours, logic dictates?!

And again, the SPL really is not a much lower standard of league than the championship, otherwise players like mcginn would look like chumps

16 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Bryson, Russell, Martin, Anya or Fozzy?

One of them boys must have run over your cat, which one?

Pardon??? Listing Scottish players doesn't change the fact that the SPL is substandard, check out where that league ranks compared to the Championship...hence my comment 'if he aint ready for Celtic, he aint ready for us'...if you take on board Millenium Rams comment....

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Are you actually a wind up merchant or what?

Can you not understand that it doesn’t matter if Celtic play in pissing gibraltar- if they’re squad is better than ours and Lowe is good enough to get in their team, then he’s got to be good enough to get in ours, logic dictates?!

And again, the SPL really is not a much lower standard of league than the championship, otherwise players like mcginn would look like chumps

Yes it is, see where it is ranked in the UEFA rankings....I think the Cypriut league and Israeli leagues are ranked higher. But back on point, you said he wasn't good enough for Celtic which suggests he aint good enough to play in the SPL, so logic says you think he isn't good enough for us, as I am sure 99% of football fans who know anything about football know that the Championship is a much stronger league....

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Pardon??? Listing Scottish players doesn't change the fact that the SPL is substandard, check out where that league ranks compared to the Championship...hence my comment 'if he aint ready for Celtic, he aint ready for us'...if you take on board Millenium Rams comment....

For a substandard league, it doesn't half produce some good players on a regular basis, which I'm sure you'll agree with.

The league may be weak, but that doesn't mean Celtic are a poor team, I'd wager they'd finish above us in the Championship.

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

And Celtic wanted Lowe to replace their LB who’ll now be first choice for the 5th best team in this country

Archived