Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why is Frank selling him then? If he is so good?

Are we selling him? All I've seen is Aberdeen, Rangers and now Celtic are interested in signing him loan/permanent. I haven't seen a quote suggesting we want to sell.

Back in January Frank said "Max is very much our player and remains in our long-term plans, but we felt for his long-term development it was important for him to continue to get regular first-team matches”. With Lowe continuing to improve in the second half of last season, I can't imagine that view has changed unless there was an offer for him too good to refuse.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He looked awful here and has looked decent in a sub standard league, 2 or 3 levels below the Championship. I would be quite happy to sell for 500-750k, not sure we will get much more than that. We need better if we want to push on and get out of this league....

500-750k? Is that a joke? I would be well annoyed if we sold Lowe for those figures. I wouldn't sell him anyway, got plenty of potential imo

26 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Frank isn't selling him though? How is him being a target for a club the same as us wanting to sell, do you struggle with English comprehension? 

No, I don't struggle with comprehension thanks. So we are not selling him then?

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Presumably not? I've not seen anywhere saying that we are. 

Time will tell Andicis...out of interest do you help out with thickies like me, you know, reading lessons, grammar etc? If so how much do you charge? Always looking to improve myself.....

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What truth? Ok, one last time, I have asked you 3 times I think now and you have failed to answer on each request. One more time, go on at least try and have a go.....How do the lower half teams in the SPL, who have budgets/resources and stadia on a par with National League teams in England, put out a stronger team on a Saturday than their national league equivalents, simple enough question for someone of your ilk Millennium, just answer....

For one, I think your numbers are about as reliable as an article from the sun. If I could be bothered to do research I’m nigh on sure I’d find you’re talking balls. How would you even know the true budgets available to them at all levels, training facilities, academies etc anyway? Maybe their income may be similar but I’m fairly sure their budgeting won’t be. Not to mention the exact they’re in the top flight so can attract better players off the bat compared to national league sides. They’re also professional, many national league sides are only semi pro, that makes a HUGE difference to the players they can attract and put out as they’re actually coached day in, day out. And the fact they’re top flight means they’ll be able to get better coaches with respect to what’s available in their country at all levels, meaning the first team players get better, as do players coming out the academy far far more so than those in the national league. A Scottish prem team would wipe the floor with anything in the national league.

Also, the lower half of a division doesn’t decide the quality of a division, the overall division decides it’s quality regardless of anything else. In effect, There’s a lot more to putting out a good team than just your income and fan base, A LOT more.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

For one, I think your numbers are about as reliable as an article from the sun. If I could be bothered to do research I’m nigh on sure I’d find you’re talking balls. How would you even know the true budgets available to them at all levels, training facilities, academies etc anyway? Maybe their income may be similar but I’m fairly sure their budgeting won’t be. Not to mention the exact they’re in the top flight so can attract better players off the bat compared to national league sides. They’re also professional, many national league sides are only semi pro, that makes a HUGE difference to the players they can attract and put out as they’re actually coached day in, day out. And the fact they’re top flight means they’ll be able to get better coaches with respect to what’s available in their country at all levels, meaning the first team players get better, as do players coming out the academy far far more so than those in the national league. A Scottish prem team would wipe the floor with anything in the national league.

Also, the lower half of a division doesn’t decide the quality of a division, the overall division decides it’s quality regardless of anything else. In effect, There’s a lot more to putting out a good team than just your income and fan base, A LOT more.

And you accuse me of talking balls ? Unlike me you can't be asked to check the facts and come out instead with a load of waffle....well done, well argued ?

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He looked awful here and has looked decent in a sub standard league, 2 or 3 levels below the Championship. I would be quite happy to sell for 500-750k, not sure we will get much more than that. We need better if we want to push on and get out of this league....

If you think that the championship is 2/3 leagues better than the SPL in terms of quality then what you know about football can be written on the back of a stamp with a paint roller. 

Club selling their LB for £25m allegedly want him as a replacement but yeah 2/3 leagues below ?

4 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He wasn't great last season.  In fact Leeds at home he was horrendous.  However his first 10 matches for Derby were very good .  He was part of the side that had that record number of games without conceding.  I don't feel it benefits young players who have already played first team football for a period to go out on loan lower league . Must be a kick in the balls .  Bit marmite on Lowe this year- could have got a bit of mojo back , we could turn down reasonable money and he could be rabbit in headlights.

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

And you accuse me of talking balls ? Unlike me you can't be asked to check the facts and come out instead with a load of waffle....well done, well argued ?

I can’t be arsed cause frankly I don’t give a toss about the Scottish league, all I care about is fair judgement of people up there. The Scottish league is not great but it’s acres better than bloody semi professional ffs! And a load of old waffle?! I actually presented a proper analysis considering many variables unlike you basing your whole judgement of a league on the income of its lower teams! No point debating with someone who’s so stone set in their ways..

2 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

500-750k? Is that a joke? I would be well annoyed if we sold Lowe for those figures. I wouldn't sell him anyway, got plenty of potential imo

Me too.

Putting whether he should stay or go aside, if we can sell Luke Thomas who has never really been championship tested for a £1m fee (ok to a championship club, but one that saw him play in league 1), Max who has played a fair few games at this level and Leeds aside, done ok for his age, plus made a good impact in Scots Premier including competitive matches against the likes of Celtic/Rangers; then he’s worth well in excess of £500k-£750k even though he is a different position.

10 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

If you think that the championship is 2/3 leagues better than the SPL in terms of quality then what you know about football can be written on the back of a stamp with a paint roller. 

Club selling their LB for £25m allegedly want him as a replacement but yeah 2/3 leagues below ?

In the latest research on the finances of SPL teams conducted by Liverpool University, 5 SPL teams did not earn enough revenue to even have to submit accounts, does that put things in perspective? Hamilton, Livingstone and St Johnstone averaged under 4,000 in attendances, all less than Leyton Orient, Wrexham and Chesterfield in the National League. The disparity between Rangers and Celtic and the rest is staggering in terms of finances and is why overall the League is so very very poor. Add to this there is no real sponsorship and hardly any tv revenue going to the bottom 6 sides speaks for itself......fitted quite a bit on the back of my postage stamp.....

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

In the latest research on the finances of SPL teams conducted by Liverpool University, 5 SPL teams did not earn enough revenue to even have to submit accounts, does that put things in perspective? Hamilton, Livingstone and St Johnstone averaged under 4,000 in attendances, all less than Leyton Orient, Wrexham and Chesterfield in the National League. The disparity between Rangers and Celtic and the rest is staggering in terms of finances and is why overall the League is so very very poor. Add to this there is no real sponsorship and hardly any tv revenue going to the bottom 6 sides speaks for itself......fitted quite a bit on the back of my postage stamp.....

You've chosen 3 clubs who historically are league clubs that have fallen out the trap door.

Secondly your argument is based on a perfect world. Money and gates doesn’t always equal success. Just look at some of the teams to go up from the championship. 

I watch a decent amount of Scottish football and I’m telling you now no one in the championship would win it, reckon only Southampton out of prem bottom 5 would have a chance at winning it. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He wasn't great last season.  In fact Leeds at home he was horrendous.  However his first 10 matches for Derby were very good .  He was part of the side that had that record number of games without conceding.  I don't feel it benefits young players who have already played first team football for a period to go out on loan lower league . Must be a kick in the balls .  Bit marmite on Lowe this year- could have got a bit of mojo back , we could turn down reasonable money and he could be rabbit in headlights.

That's a very harsh game to rate him on though, Leeds' entire system thrives off overloading the flanks. Lowe always had 2 men to try and contend with, without any defensive support from Lawrence. Most fullbacks in the league struggled against Leeds, let alone one of our youngsters...

4 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I'd like to see him given a run in the team next season. I reckon him and Bogle bombing it down either wing could be really exciting! Guess we'd need a really decent defensive DM for that system to work. 

I can guarantee that's what Shinnie has been bought in for, but we'll have to see how good/effective he is. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I thought I'd take a look. Two stats worth mentioning. There are 10 grounds in the Scottish Premiership that have a capacity of more than 10,000, the National League has five. So I'm not sure how the statement that the stadia are on a par holds water.

Television revenue. Scottish deal delivers £540k for each match covered according to the BBC, Premier Sports - who cover National League games - have not been able to extend television payments beyond the base £5k per match agreed in the contract. So, water through the sieve on that one as well.

I'm not really accusing you of talking balls but I am telling you that the two main points on which your argument seems to hang are not valid.

Archived