Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Jonesy90 said:

Mel Morris has said recently that Derby only sell when they believe a player has reached their maximum value at the club.

Lowe struggled when he came back in last season, and he is more likely to lose value as second choice fullback this season, as he is to gain value.

My opinion is that there is only space for one young, growing  fullback in a starting XI. Unless Bogle goes, Max Lowe will and can go.

I expect Derby to bring in another full back though, maybe on loan or a lower league youngster with potential.

Seemed to work fine for Norwich last season. Age doesn't matter if they're good enough, did we not learn that with Bogle last year?

Fans on here bang on all the time about bringing through players from the academy, yet for some odd reason with Lowe people are willing to bin him off immediately. People were seriously suggesting to start the season with Knight and Sibley as cover for midfield when they've not got a single senior appearance between them, meanwhile we've got Lowe coming back from a full season of football where he received rave reviews but we should accept the first offer for him. Let's give him a chance to prove himself before immediately dismissing him as not good enough based on performances he made BEFORE his loan, especially when he's looked sharp in preseason.

Also it's not as if Malone has proven himself to be an absolute stalwart at left-back, just a steady player at this level. In fact I seem to remember Forsyth being first choice until his injury finished his season so I'm not sure why people think Malone is a nailed on starter. I'd much rather give Lowe a chance to see if he's got what it takes for the number 1 spot because we don't even know if Forsyth will be the same player when he comes back.

27 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Seemed to work fine for Norwich last season. Age doesn't matter if they're good enough, did we not learn that with Bogle last year?

Fans on here bang on all the time about bringing through players from the academy, yet for some odd reason with Lowe people are willing to bin him off immediately. People were seriously suggesting to start the season with Knight and Sibley as cover for midfield when they've not got a single senior appearance between them, meanwhile we've got Lowe coming back from a full season of football where he received rave reviews but we should accept the first offer for him. Let's give him a chance to prove himself before immediately dismissing him as not good enough based on performances he made BEFORE his loan, especially when he's looked sharp in preseason.

Also it's not as if Malone has proven himself to be an absolute stalwart at left-back, just a steady player at this level. In fact I seem to remember Forsyth being first choice until his injury finished his season so I'm not sure why people think Malone is a nailed on starter. I'd much rather give Lowe a chance to see if he's got what it takes for the number 1 spot because we don't even know if Forsyth will be the same player when he comes back.

Excellent post 

I really hope we tell Brentford where to go, how amazing would it be for both of our full backs to be youth players from our own academy?

Given the success of Lowe in Scotland and Bogles success in England we currently have 2 full backs, both English, both our own players who are probably valued at 20 million between the two (in today's market).

The only way Lowe leaves for me if he has had enough of loans and fighting for his place and specifically says he wants to leave.

I know the transfer market has gone completely mad, but I just don't get these high valuations of Lowe. Less than 12 months ago, after his none-too-auspicious spell in the Derby first team I doubt many would have been valuing him in the £3m+ bracket. Yet 33 games for a team that finished fourth in what is a very mediocre league - 20 points off the top and behind Kilmarnock I might add - and now some people are saying he's a £5m player. He's not even our first choice left back and - perhaps - if Fozzy fond his fitness and form once again - might even be third choice.

From what I have actually seen him play in a competitive game (and I admit that I never saw a single minute for Aberdeen) I would have thought £1.5m-£2m is a very good price for a 22 year-old with 12 League games for the Club to his name.

Lets be honest, if he were a Preston or Brentford player with the record he has, would we be happy to be spending millions on him? I'm not sure we would.

2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I know the transfer market has gone completely mad, but I just don't get these high valuations of Lowe. Less than 12 months ago, after his none-too-auspicious spell in the Derby first team I doubt many would have been valuing him in the £3m+ bracket. Yet 33 games for a team that finished fourth in what is a very mediocre league - 20 points off the top and behind Kilmarnock I might add - and now some people are saying he's a £5m player. He's not even our first choice left back and - perhaps - if Fozzy fond his fitness and form once again - might even be third choice.

From what I have actually seen him play in a competitive game (and I admit that I never saw a single minute for Aberdeen) I would have thought £1.5m-£2m is a very good price for a 22 year-old with 12 League games for the Club to his name.

Lets be honest, if he were a Preston or Brentford player with the record he has, would we be happy to be spending millions on him? I'm not sure we would.

Not many young attacking English left backs out there 

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

But because he is young, attacking and English doesn't make him worth 3 million. I'm not saying that he isn't, but for those reasons alone he definitely isn't.

Anya being 30+ Scottish and very small doesn’t make him worth £4.5 million either 

22 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

As Meatloaf once said...'you took the words right out of my mouth'....just don't get this bizarre valuation of Lowe from some fans on here. After his poor performances at the start of last season and then a loan in the SPL (basically the equivalent of a loan at Donnie Rovers or Bury where he has looked ok) he suddenly turns in to a £5 million pound player. I would think there is a good chance we will accept a bid of £2 million, can't see us getting anymore...…..

2 minutes ago, philmycocu said:

How much did Jozefzoon cost us from them?

£3m 

One of the reasons I'm amazed some people would be happy with £2m for Lowe ? Know the market!

Not seen enough of him recently to make up my mind but if Cocu thinks he isn't good enough then I am fine with him being sold. Looked exciting at first for us, then positionally got himself all over the place.

If roles were reversed and we were talking about £3m+ to get him in I would be unimpressed. He would need a good season in the team to be worth that and could quickly push on past £5m like Bogle has....if Cocu ain't seeing that he will play then sell for £2-3m.

Archived