Max Lowe - Left for Sheffield United

NottsRammy

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Crikey and I think some of my arguments are self defeating!

https://www.skysports.com/preston-north-end-transfers doesn't look too promising for Preston's promotion hopes,  I figured they wouldn't spend much as they have always  had a small budget , loosing their best attacker soon as well,  best they can hope for is Top 10 unless they make some great signing pretty soon. 

1 hour ago, desirelines said:

I’d be sad to see him go. Would rather give him a shot this season than trust Malone and Forsyth to do the business. There must still be a need to sell this summer and balance the books, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he does leave. 

Always find it strange that Thorne is classed as more injury prone than Forsyth- we hardly seen him at all for nearly 2 and a half years .  Personally think this position a hard one .  Malone is great in an attacking game - backs to the wall not so much also picks up lots of little injuries that keep him out for spells that add up . Lowe is ok for cover but think we could do better for a starter .  As mentioned before, realistically Forsyth isn't going to get through a season without issue. 

54 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Always found CF to be a player who seemed to go up in everyone's estimations the longer he was out injured...

Because we miss him. A good championship left back...think this is one injury to far now though. It should be Malone & Lowe in a good competition for the left back spot. Probably send Fozzy out on loan, if he’s fit in time, not sure if he will be?

if a considerable bid came in, then it would have to be looked at. History doesn’t suggest that will come from Preston, who don’t seem to like to spend big even after selling a player for a few quid. 

Out of all our left backs (Malone, Lowe, Fozzy, MacDonald) Lowe would certainly be one i'd like to keep. It is a position we are overstocked in, and i would like to see MacDonald go out on loan. I wouldn't be too devastated to see Fozzy go for a decent Fee. Malone and Lowe are both very good options in this division. 

I'd sell for £3m I think, we could do something more important with that.

We have Malone, Forsyth coming back, Shinnie is capable and we also have other youngsters. Can address the position next summer if required.

I would rather we loan him and see how he does, I fear he could go on to be a top quality left back. At the moment we have Malone, who can’t defend. Forsyth who is edging his way back from serious injury and probably well off the pace. I wouldnt want to be relying on shinnie either, we should loan him, with a recall clause added for extra security.

7 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

Out of all our left backs (Malone, Lowe, Fozzy, MacDonald) Lowe would certainly be one i'd like to keep. It is a position we are overstocked in, and i would like to see MacDonald go out on loan. I wouldn't be too devastated to see Fozzy go for a decent Fee. Malone and Lowe are both very good options in this division. 

I've always rated Max Lowe, and even though he's taking longer to break into the first team than Bogle he can reach the same standard given time.  We're very fortunate to have an Academy that can spot, sign and develop players of this calibre.  If we can hang onto Bogle, and if Max Lowe fulfils his potential, then we'll have two home grown wide defenders that cost nothing in transfer fees.  And with the recent success of the U18s there are more to come it seems.  To me there's always something special about seeing a home grown player succeed, even in this day and age, and it should make us very proud that we have Hudds, Bogle, Max Lowe and Mason Bennett all in first team contention, well done to all at the Academy!

11 minutes ago, LondonRam2 said:

I've always rated Max Lowe, and even though he's taking longer to break into the first team than Bogle he can reach the same standard given time.  We're very fortunate to have an Academy that can spot, sign and develop players of this calibre.  If we can hang onto Bogle, and if Max Lowe fulfils his potential, then we'll have two home grown wide defenders that cost nothing in transfer fees.  And with the recent success of the U18s there are more to come it seems.  To me there's always something special about seeing a home grown player succeed, even in this day and age, and it should make us very proud that we have Hudds, Bogle, Max Lowe and Mason Bennett all in first team contention, well done to all at the Academy!

Well said Darren!?

8 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

There's zero chance anyone's paying a decent fee for Fozzy in the foreseeable future.  As good as he's been for us, he's 30, he's had 3 serious injuries in the last 4 seasons and he's out of contract at the end of this season.  Odds are he'll leave on a free in a years time.  

I rate him, have done for a few years TBH.

Always seems very confident on the ball, doesn't over complicate things. Got a trick or two in the locker if needs be and unlike Malone, does the basis right. I crap myself each game seeing Malone at left back against a tricky wide man, his positioning is God damn awful...

Keep unless the offer is too good to turn down

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

My life changed the day my brother introduced me to Nuts magazine at the age of 13.

Lol - quick side story.  Had a guy worked for me used to disappear to the loo daily with his newspaper.  Did it for months.  Left.  I cleared his desk out and found several tatty copies of Nuts in his desk drawers, one inside a newspaper.  A real ?moment.  I forget how many times I washed my hands after that.

Archived