Sign in to follow this  
Andicis

Liverpool booing the national anthem

9 hours ago, Barnetbyram said:

seriously, for what reason are they booing it

Why not boo it?

it made me cringe to hear the Derby fans singing it at Rangers. 😜

Don't blame them if I'm honest! I can't stand our national anthem -- it's an embarrassing drone where we have to sing solely about one un-elected woman and how great and glorious it is to have an appointed ruler. Would be far better to adopt something where we sing about our nation and people and there are plenty of songs for that.

I worked in Liverpool for a few days in 2017 and the people I spoke to on site agreed with my republican views. One chap also told me about when he and the street refused to pay poll tax and the local Councillors were supporting them.

National Anthem is an awful song, thankfully we only sing the first verse.  It's outdated, militaristic and can only ever be sung badly.  Hmm probably applies to the majority of NA's.

They are not booing it because they don’t like the words or the tune though. If you do t like what it stands for fair enough don’t join in, but I can’t see any reason why to boo it.