Cameron Carter-Vickers - Signed for Stoke, then Luton

JfR

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Centre back isn’t he? Can’t see that we need anymore of those after bringing in Clarke and Bielik and having Buchanan come from the u18s. We’d need to lose a couple if we wanted to bring in another. Good player mind, generally solid so i certainly wouldn’t say no if we had any room for him. Like I say though, with Clarke already in I doubt we want any more young defenders, experience tends to be better at centre half - would suspect one of the other teams will sign him, even though we could compete if we wanted to.

Unsurprsing spurs would loan him out again as he hasn’t really proven himself on any of his spells out so far, but he must be disappointed after three championship loans that he can’t get up to the lower prem yet.

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Centre back isn’t he? Can’t see that we need anymore of those after bringing in Clarke and Bielik and having Buchanan come from the u18s. We’d need to lose a couple if we wanted to bring in another. Good player mind, generally solid so i certainly wouldn’t say no if we had any room for him. Like I say though, with Clarke already in I doubt we want any more young defenders, experience tends to be better at centre half - would suspect one of the other teams will sign him, even though we could compete if we wanted to.

Unsurprsing spurs would loan him out again as he hasn’t really proven himself on any of his spells out so far, but he must be disappointed after three championship loans that he can’t get up to the lower prem yet.

So you're asking for confirmation of where he plays but then go on to tell us he's a good player and generally solid.

Seriously, you dont have to have an opinion on every player we are linked with. Especially ones that I would wager that you've never seen play.

Its fine just to say you know nothing about him but just comment on whether we need players in his position!

He's a player who was highly rated in their academy a few years ago, seems to have fallen by the wayside with players like Davison Sanchez and Foyth coming in. Decent long term solution, Keogh isn't getting younger!

If you were him (with the long name), at the age of 21, why would you leave being a bit-part player at a PL top 4 club to be similar at a Championship club? He will want to go somewhere he'll get regular starts and with Keogh, Davies, Evans and now Clarke as our CB options, he won't get them with us.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

If you were him (with the long name), at the age of 21, why would you leave being a bit-part player at a PL top 4 club to be similar at a Championship club? He will want to go somewhere he'll get regular starts and with Keogh, Davies, Evans and now Clarke as our CB options, he won't get them with us.

Unless he’s better than the majority of them...

Davies will have a lot to prove at his age after a season out and Evans has played most often in midfield. Evans looked neat and tidy as a ball playing centre-back in pre-season but, defensively, was largely untested.

Agree though, unlikely we’d bring in another CB.

Archived