LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pastinaak said:

Deshpishe?

Bit harsh in any language. I'm sure you don't mean it x

Harsh, granted, but I mean it literally rather than as a pejorative throwaway insult. I feel contempt for him.

He's got all the talent necessary to be a very good player. He's remained largely fit, so he has the physical tools too. He's had a huge contract here and had opportunities at several clubs to make a fresh start when things didn't pan out. Grasped none of those chances.

He's spent two or three years failing to impose his abilities on his sport while getting paid handsomely, and all that time with a miserable attitude and taking no opportunity to address the fans with any explanation, except when he went to Sheff Wed and dissed us. If he had problems, fine, just tip us a nod and I'll accept it. No, though, just that same old surly expression and lack of discernible output.

I wish him well, I hope he turns it around...but if makes 10 starts for Luton I'll be surprised. Pleasantly, but surprised.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

Boro looked so open, if they commit that many players up the pitch when pressing they will concede 3 goals every game. Sometimes a manager can try to appease the fans with what they feel is entertaining football and forget the basics.

Are they playing like Frank Lampards Derby County at the start of last season - just score as many as possible and dont bother with defence? Cant say i blame them after a season of Pulis ball if they are though.

The change in Boro's play shouldn't come as a surprise when you heard Woodgates press conference yesterday. He must of mentioned 'scoring goals' about 5 times in 10 sentences. 

He obviously wants to distance himself from Pulis. Might be a decent bet for +2.5 goals this season. 

2 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Assombalonga looks like an overweight donkey,what a howler of a penalty

Assombalonga is very good at what he does, but he's lost a sharpness he once had. He's half-a-second slower infront of goal than he used to be. He's still very good at turning defenders and carving out chances with his back to goal. He used to be such an animal infront of goal; he had an aggression to get to the ball first, but now he's slowed down. He'll still score goals at this level, especially if Boro keep up that tempo over the course of the season. 

I liked the look of Coulson, their young LB, plus Howson at RB showed just how rounded he is as a player. I'd say their CBs are definitely their weak point now - Ayala and Shotton - need the support. Marriott would terrorise those two, especially if they set up like that against us. 

Archived