Today I Learned

David

15 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Today I learned that it takes a wasp 3 minutes to completely dismember a large fly. I videod the whole thing from the initial wrestle and jabbing it's stinger into the fly, to the frenzied ripping the poor thing to pieces, to the final tearing off it's head and flying away with it. Here's a still from the video...

20190804_182504-01.thumb.jpeg.6aa1b12faedf7ce6f5097da157d0caa0.jpeg

Just learnt that a wasp has a use, in killing flies!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

Today I learned that it takes a wasp 3 minutes to completely dismember a large fly. I videod the whole thing from the initial wrestle and jabbing it's stinger into the fly, to the frenzied ripping the poor thing to pieces, to the final tearing off it's head and flying away with it. Here's a still from the video...

20190804_182504-01.thumb.jpeg.6aa1b12faedf7ce6f5097da157d0caa0.jpeg

I have a new respect for Wasps if that’s what they do to filthy flies.

7 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Being number 1 in the charts is now closer in time to the end of world war 2, than it is today. 

This fact has made my head fall off today. 

Anyway anyone got anymore facts that make your head wobble? 

England's world cup win is closer to World War one than today 

On 04/08/2019 at 18:53, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Did you know only female wasps sting?  Found this out from a farmer when he picked two up and put them outside. How he knew they were female I have no idea .

He would have known they were female coz they would have stung him, by your logic.

On 02/08/2019 at 12:44, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'm assuming there still there - was years ago I read them . Derby city council keep flogging stuff to fill holes .  Was in Newquay the other week and a childrens train went past with Markeaton park Derby on one of the carriages.  We're even flogging kids trains now.

Hahahah I saw this too when I was down last week?

Archived