George Thorne - joined Oxford permanently

DCFC1388
Message added by David

Please use the Loan Watch topic to discuss Thorne’s performances at Oxford United

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33312-loan-watch-201920

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Squid said:

people laughing im not joking he's actually signed a 6 month deal

Seems bizarre... must be reasons behind that. I'm guessing because we wouldn't pay a portion of his big wages, so he's signed on less and Oxford win and so do we.

16 minutes ago, Srg said:

Seems bizarre... must be reasons behind that. I'm guessing because we wouldn't pay a portion of his big wages, so he's signed on less and Oxford win and so do we.

Not sure.

This quote is interesting though

"he was so determined to make a go of it here that he came to me with a plan of how we could make a deal work to keep him here. "

Thats from the oxford gaffer

I saw the Gerard of the Championship when I watched George and that is not to say he couldn't step it up.

What happened to him with regards to the injuries is so sad, secretly I always hoped he would get back to his pomp, when he would have been undroppable in our team.

But it was not to be - so sad, shades of Shaun Barker for me.

Goodbye George Farewell and all the best

He joins Mart Poom in the exclusive club of people (only inducted its second member today)I wouldn't mind seeing score against us (as long as it is not because we have gone down lol)

Going to be keeping an eye out for Oxford now (that is my own personal ultimate accolade)

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Not sure.

This quote is interesting though

"he was so determined to make a go of it here that he came to me with a plan of how we could make a deal work to keep him here. "

Thats from the oxford gaffer

I like that quote, shows he’s still got the desire to play and feels settled there. Love the guy

Wish GT all the luck in the world.  Met him once and came across as a top fella.

I hope, and have a sneaky feeling, he will get back but probably not at the levels we had the pleasure to see.  He certainly deserves some luck.

It would be great to see him against us so us fans can show him just how much he was appreciated.  

Regards

Gangway D from the Terrace

Archived