George Thorne - joined Oxford permanently

DCFC1388
Message added by David

Please use the Loan Watch topic to discuss Thorne’s performances at Oxford United

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33312-loan-watch-201920

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No surprise really. His career here is obviously over, so we need to move him out one way or another. Shame we can’t get him a permanent move, for his sake so his future is more certain. But if we can’t, then another loan to league one will have to do until his contract is up. Maybe Oxford will extend his loan, that would be the best move I’d think. Hopefully he does well enough to get a permanent deal when he leaves us at the end of the year.

Im honestly gutted how things have turned out for george.

I truely believe we'd have got to prem with him fit. Could have easily been the best midfielder in this league.

Another massive 'What if' moment in my Derby surporting life?

4 hours ago, cannable said:

There’s an alternate universe in which he and Wilshere weren’t made of glass and England won the lot 

Mines him in midfield with hughes and mount. 

Go on loan try to get some games & either get a contract away from the club or come back next season on pay as you play deal ?‍♂️ 

Trouble is anyone offering a contract after this season it will be 12 month league one or two & if he goes on loan this season it would take at least the rest of the season to get fit. 

Dont know what he's like around the club but if you were him you'd certainly be looking at trying to get involved with the under 15s and ask to do some coaching badges ?‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

In an alternative universe, West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace wouldn't have acted like a B&M Daniel Levy, and strung out negotiations for 6 weeks, so he signed earlier, got some minutes under his belt in other friendlies and would've been rested against the clogging bamfords Zenit.  After which he played pretty much every minute of the season and we won promotion at a canter...

Archived