George Thorne - joined Oxford permanently

DCFC1388
Message added by Day

Please use the Loan Watch topic to discuss Thorne’s performances at Oxford United

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33312-loan-watch-201920

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Good luck to him. Not sure why he gets so much disrespect of some people for having some really unfortunate injuries. He had potential to be a great player and was so influential before his injury.. 

i think the disrespect is not aimed at Thorne but at pleople who are not prepared to face facts no matter how sad those facts are.

21 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I hope he get plenty of minutes on the pitch at Oxford.  There is no point going out on loan just to sit on the bench. like at Luton. I would love to see GT get his career up and running again.  Even if it's another club that benefits. 

This. 100%. He deserves it. If it hadn't been for that fateful game against Ipswich who knows where he (and we!) would be now.

29 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I guess he'll now be competing head to head with Jamie Hanson for CDM role. Will be interesting to see who wins that one.

Hanson usually a sub since last Christmas (lost his place and never really got it back). He got a start last weekend but that is very unusual. When he does play it's usually right back

39 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Must have finally got fit enough for this to go through officially then. Odd it’s only until January, presume we’ll assess where he’s at then.

Probably because we are still desperately hoping he will do well and we might be able to make a few £££ back with a Perm deal to someone in January.

Archived