George Thorne - joined Oxford permanently

DCFC1388
Message added by David

Please use the Loan Watch topic to discuss Thorne’s performances at Oxford United

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33312-loan-watch-201920

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rynny said:

Or we could play both ?‍♂️

I think Marriott needs someone with him who creates openings for him and in ore season there did look to be an understanding there.

Said before the season it was Waghorn’s shirt to lose but after Saturday I’d be more than tempted to give Martin/Marriott a run out

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I think Marriott needs someone with him who creates openings for him and in ore season there did look to be an understanding there.

Said before the season it was Waghorn’s shirt to lose but after Saturday I’d be more than tempted to give Martin/Marriott a run out

Yes, hope to see Martin and Marriott in the cup this week. 

2 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

More like last weeks men. Its been time for half of this forum to move on for long enough now. 

As far as I'm aware these are still our players,in our squad, so it's pretty reasonable to be asking questions about their future here,or not as the case may be.

I would suggest if it offends you,to avert your eyes when you see a thread with their names in....it will save you having to spend your valuable time writing posts criticising those who are interested.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Yes

Well that's that for George in a Derby shirt then. Far more players ahead of him in the pecking order for that CDM position than we have in CM's position.

Even an injury crisis like the 2014-2015 one wouldn't get him into the team or even matchday squad now.........shame for him and for us, but I admit that its time to move on.

13 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well that's that for George in a Derby shirt then. Far more players ahead of him in the pecking order for that CDM position than we have in CM's position.

Even an injury crisis like the 2014-2015 one wouldn't get him into the team or even matchday squad now.........shame for him and for us, but I admit that its time to move on.

Do we know what he has actually done to himself this time ..he didn't seem to get visually injured during the American games and I'd assumed it was muscular but I presume not now.

53 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As far as I'm aware these are still our players,in our squad, so it's pretty reasonable to be asking questions about their future here,or not as the case may be.

I would suggest if it offends you,to avert your eyes when you see a thread with their names in....it will save you having to spend your valuable time writing posts criticising those who are interested.

I get that, but there's so much more clamour regarding Thorne and Martin compared to say Blackman and Butterfield when they were our players. The only reason they're still here is because we've not been able to shift them. 

5 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I get that, but there's so much more clamour regarding Thorne and Martin compared to say Blackman and Butterfield when they were our players. The only reason they're still here is because we've not been able to shift them. 

The clamour is because Martin was our best and most prolific strikers for years and Thorne was one of the best midfield  players in a Derby shirt I've ever seen.

Neither Blackman or Butterfield were ever more than journeymen and produced zero passion from the supporter base unlike Martin and thorne.Theres no comparison whatsoever.

And,I'd suggest that a lot of people are more than curious to see how Martin would be in the first team,linked up with a pacy striker like Marriott(or vydra,as was) yet it never seems to happen.

19 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Do we know what he has actually done to himself this time ..he didn't seem to get visually injured during the American games and I'd assumed it was muscular but I presume not now.

I don't know - and i may be guilty of reacting to complete hearsay so feel free to call me out on it - but if i put the bits of tittle tattle together i get....

...unspecified injury

...weight issues?

...failed medical at Oxford

...buying bielik, evans form improving, youngsters getting time

It just feels as though he is fading even further out of the picture? Great shame as I loved that 2014 season but sometimes the football gods conspire against you.....

Archived