George Thorne - joined Oxford permanently

DCFC1388
Message added by David

Please use the Loan Watch topic to discuss Thorne’s performances at Oxford United

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33312-loan-watch-201920

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rample said:

Symptom of the stupid transfer window that Martin, Thorne and Anya now more than likely will go to league one sides and we'll have to subsidise 75% of their wages.

Probably Thorne but definitely need Martin and Anya goes nowhere 

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Symptom of the stupid transfer window that Martin, Thorne and Anya now more than likely will go to league one sides and we'll have to subsidise 75% of their wages.

Could also go to Scotland or other leagues in Europe too. Paying 75% (but hopefully less) of their wages is still better than paying everything and having them here not getting any games.

34 minutes ago, roboto said:

Could also go to Scotland or other leagues in Europe too. Paying 75% (but hopefully less) of their wages is still better than paying everything and having them here not getting any games.

Use them to win U23 league I tell thee.

20 hours ago, bucktwo said:

Martin is a serious contender for the squad...

I think hes had his last loan whilst under contract to us ..

Maybe we can start a thread on the subject ? 

He is,on the evidence of the last two league showings from waghorn..he's like a rabbit caught in the headlights at the moment.

To be honest I thought that with the lack of even making the bench,Martin was heading out again but maybe not....as ever,time will tell.

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

He is,on the evidence of the last two league showings from waghorn..he's like a rabbit caught in the headlights at the moment.

To be honest I thought that with the lack of even making the bench,Martin was heading out again but maybe not....as ever,time will tell.

Scunthorpe away is the ideal game for Martin to show us if he still has any kind of future here.

3 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

Scunthorpe away is the ideal game for Martin to show us if he still has any kind of future here.

He has a future until January at least as we only have Waghorn or a totally different Marriott ( Bennett could do the job but would be better in a two 

3 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

If he doesn’t get into the squad we can be pretty certain he is likely to be in Div 1 or up in Jockland if he wants to kick a football competitively before 1 January.

4 hours ago, nogbad van 50 said:

If he doesn’t make the starting 11 vs Scunthorpe me thinks sadly it’s curtains for him here. Is 4 managers freezing him total out telling?

@kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong should get a petition going and lobby Phil to play him Tuesday, he deserves at least that ?

11 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Would rather play Hamer upfront. 

45 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Oh, silly me. I thought this was a thread about George Thorne. It's obviously thread number 649 about Martin, but wrongly titled.

As a person who has never strayed off thread, I am outraged but only slightly in fairness.

On 10/08/2019 at 10:24, Rample said:

Nah, we got another Morris sponners deal in place - This time 32Red are paying based on how much they've played for us combined over the last 2 seasons (32 mins) - Unfortunately they've only agreed to cover 0.32% of their wages though based on the exposure it would get them

Archived