George Thorne - joined Oxford permanently

DCFC1388
Message added by Day

Please use the Loan Watch topic to discuss Thorne’s performances at Oxford United

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/33312-loan-watch-201920

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Topram said:

I got a message from an oxford fan last week asking about Thorne saying he was signing, he messaged me Sunday saying he heard that Thorne has failed his medical 

But we already know he's injured at the moment anyway don't we? Odd move by Oxford to come in for a player who is injured and turn him down because he's injured...

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

But we already know he's injured at the moment anyway don't we? Odd move by Oxford to come in for a player who is injured and turn him down because he's injured...

To pass or fail a medical doesn't reflect on a specific injury under treatment. Medicals are to ensure there are no fundamental underlying issues that would mean the player cannot play regularly.

6 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Just play George in U23s when fit. Win the league. Same for Martin and Anya.

Based on his appearances in the U23s last season, that's above his level.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Just play George in U23s when fit. Win the league. Same for Martin and Anya.

No thanks.

I can understand when there is injuries and suspensions and the U23’s are low on numbers, but why block the pathway for our most promising youngsters who deserve the game time?

2 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Rubbish - He bossed it and looked class above when ever he played.

I recall differently; but heyho. Would have to rewatch games to debate that in any detail. Just what I remember thinking.

Likely moot anyway.

8 minutes ago, Bluedogmaz said:

Rubbish - He bossed it and looked class above when ever he played.

That's how I remember it as well. So calm and made mockery of other team defence with his passing. Always looked way too good for those games.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I don't understand the negative comments about the wages. We offered the contract. They signed it. 

No one mocking the money they’re making, more the fact they’re still here and aren’t going to be playing so it’s a pointless cash sink. No, not their fault, but of course we want them gone. 

Archived