Where should we eat?

Cisse

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

I don't know to be honest,  but when i first read your post i thought you said peasant,  i was going to say you are out of luck because you aren't visiting Nottinghamshire as thats the only place in the uk that is renowned for its cannablism.

Sorry for the unhelpful post, enioy your trip.

6 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

I don't think so....but I have been known to be disastrously wrong, and it's not really my bag.

I've no idea either, it's not really my bag either.  Have pheasants in the garden but prefer the partridges which are hilarious with their formation running.

Ps Still got my fingers crossed for your dog.  Hope he's ok?

Dunno about pheasant but on Sunday we went to the Hunlocke Arms in Chesterfield and sweet baby Moses that is a brilliant place! Get in there! And it has the advantage of being just outside of Chesterfield too so you don't actually have to set foot in that absolute armpit of a town.

1 hour ago, Needlesh said:

Pretty sure pheasant shooting season starts on 1st October...so...

58 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Doesn't it coincide with Grouse shooting on the Glorious 12th (of August) then?

If Needlesh is correct, then the start of the pheasant season will be the second most important event on 1st October. That's because someone leaves their teen years behind on the same day...

6 hours ago, Cisse said:

I'm coming over next month with a couple of my friends. Can you suggest a place where we can get a really delicious pheasant?

We will visit Derby, Birmingham, Bakewell, Chestefield and London.

I presume you will be using buses and trains so are looking for town centre places.

I notice no mention of Belper. Harrumph.

What kind of food are you all after? Indian? Italian? Pub food? Posh nosh?

Go to Birmingham and buy a gun off the many dodgy dealers round those parts. Take it to Derby and shoot a pheasant round kedleston. Head to bakewell which hasn’t changed since Jesus was a lad and cook it on an open fire up there. Nip across to chesterfield, get a train to London, and sell it to the mugs there who’ll think it’s some rare meat for £30 a slice. Sounds like a profitable trip to me

15 hours ago, Cisse said:

I'm coming over next month with a couple of my friends. Can you suggest a place where we can get a really delicious pheasant?

Not until the 1st October, and then you would be looking at Barlow / Bakewell area's, or maybe some high end in Birmingham/London.  However Grouse season starts in 10 days.

20 hours ago, Cisse said:

I don’t know about the right season for pheasant but if you want fine dining in Derbyshire then my picks would be

Fishers at Baslow Hall and The Peacock at Rowsley 

On 01/08/2019 at 17:59, Cisse said:

Christchurch, Dorset ?

Archived