Four new signings before the window closes

David

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AdamRam said:

Wouldn’t you rather he was an integral part of a promotion winning squad proving you wrong ?

I'd rather it be Bennett, or zoon, or anya

It's a lose lose situation for us really, he plays well he goes back in jan and momentum is upset

He does badly and is booed by sections of the crowd(admittedly I wouldn't do that as its a dick move) and is a bad egg in the dressing room. Can't really see how we can win at all by this

I'll be honest, all the other business has been decent this summer, just this one makes no sense at all. And b. rovers are twice the team that b. City are ?

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Look at the petrol money you could save, just drive to Bristol and get a lift off him the rest of the way, you could tell him how much you rate him

Be a laugh wouldn't it 

You can bet your bottom dollar he'll play a blinder now on his debut 

The genuine question for me is whether we are going to be top ten for when Rooney arrives.

I have to admit I am underwhelmed with our offensive line up now. In essence, Wilson and Mount are replaced by Dowell and Paterson and that’s a huge drop down.

Definitely stronger defensively and I expect more clean sheets and to concede less. This could see us winning games 1-0 but I’m not sold on the front line up. I don’t see a wide enough goal threat or the creativity in there now.

So down to Cocu to see how good his coaching is. There are definitely teams with a much better attacking line up than us but if the coaching can make the players better and playing as a unit, we have a chance.

Holmes will be key for me this season. He’s a driving force, ball at his feet, can pass, etc.

Roll on Saturday.

Just now, Alpha said:

I'm with you @bimmerman 

Never really thought he looked much good. Don't like him. 

But I would like to be proven wrong. I felt similar about Tom Ince and now I miss him. 

But not at all excited by Paterson

Potentially can disrupt a decent morale in our core team, and not being funny but he doesn't seem to want to be at a club he doesn't like

Forest fans won't like it,playing for a rival, like if bryson/Russell had gone that way we wouldn't like it. Brizzle fans I know think it's hilarious

Just seems pointless from all aspects

I'd like to be wrong on this, you watch him score a worldie at the weekend now

We were never going to replace Wilson and Mount, but we relied on them last season. We look more of a team already and that could lead us to score more goals. Waggy and Marriott can score more. Dowell looks useful and can score goals,  Lawrence if he can continue in the same vein will score and assist plenty. Paterson is proven at this level - Shrewd signing 

I think we could be light with box to box midfielders as I’m unsure about Shinnie. Holmes could be key and be interesting to see how Knight and Sibley get on.

Mind you I thought we’d be murdered with our midfield  on Monday and we were awesome.

Its looking positive this season for the sole reason Cocu is a genius 

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

We were never going to replace Wilson and Mount, but we relied on them last season. We look more of a team already and that could lead us to score more goals. Waggy and Marriott can score more. Dowell looks useful and can score goals,  Lawrence if he can continue in the same vein will score and assist plenty. Paterson is proven at this level - Shrewd signing 

I think we could be light with box to box midfielders as I’m unsure about Shinnie. Holmes could be key and be interesting to see how Knight and Sibley get on.

Mind you I thought we’d be murdered with our midfield  on Monday and we were awesome.

Its looking positive this season for the sole reason Cocu is a genius 

and also Wazza to bag a few from Jan onwards.....

12 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Potentially can disrupt a decent morale in our core team, and not being funny but he doesn't seem to want to be at a club he doesn't like

Forest fans won't like it,playing for a rival, like if bryson/Russell had gone that way we wouldn't like it. Brizzle fans I know think it's hilarious

Just seems pointless from all aspects

I'd like to be wrong on this, you watch him score a worldie at the weekend now

Good if he becomes a hero. We can all be wrong in life and there's nothing worse than someone who refuses to accept that.

But for now I just don't get how anyone can warm to him.

As you said, only a dick would boo him. That just makes his job harder. 

Him saying he doesn't like us is/was absolutely fine. I don't think it makes him a sworn enemy and danger to the city. 

Equally saying we don't like you either Jamie, is fine. 

He's done nothing to win us over yet. Even his interview wasn't enthusiastic or endearing. There's time and opportunity for that to change.

But simply turning up on our doorstep because we were running out of options and his club didn't see him being important isn't really going to win folk over after saying he doesn't like Derby.

It's not even outrage from what I've seen. There is more outrage from people sticking up for him against the outrage they think exists. 

It's more of a "Jamie Paterson? Meh player and a harmless knobber. No thanks" response. 

So we went from Bachmann, Kent and Ibe to the Claude Davis version of a keeper and a dhead who hates us?

can we just cancel transfer deadline day next season? Can’t remember the last time we brought a couple of great transfers in on the day.

good job Bielek and Clarke signed and Rooney is to come

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Well said you two. However, even though the window closes at 5pm I'd expect our final announcements to come afterwards once all the paperwork is confirmed. So people shouldn't start panicking until at least 7pm. But I'll be surprised if the forum doesn't end the day buzzing.

Who were the players that you heard we were linked to and would create the buzz?

I think if you stop believing the football experts and the ITKers then bringing in two squad players is a sensible option.

Been a good window, we have seemingly got in a top defender, a highly rated DM, competition in midfield (a strong Scottish Cm and a promotion winner) and Wayne BLOODY Rooney! This is added to an already very good squad and youth set up.

Stop overthinking and enjoy the ride!

Let's be fair to Derby. I'm sure they also want better players! 

I'm sure Cocu wanted the best wingers willing to play at this level but what he needed was options out wide. He needed depth, energy and competition. 

Paterson does add that. He has never looked like a lad that gives anything less than 100%. He will work hard. Maybe not for the same reasons we would like but he will. Whatever options he and Derby wanted to have won't effect how he will go about working for us. He'll be useful, I'm sure. 

I get the slight disappointment (he doesn't seem too thrilled either) but this move kind of suits us both as two parties needing a boost. 

As for Hamer. Roos is our no.1. He has been for months. I don't think Hamer is here as a threat to Roos. It's likely he freed up Carson's wages to be used on other areas. 

Maybe the window hasn't been perfect for Derby but when you sign Wayne Rooney it does soften the blow. 

Wayne Rooney. Can't get over that. ?

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Let's be fair to Derby. I'm sure they also want better players! 

I'm sure Cocu wanted the best wingers willing to play at this level but what he needed was options out wide. He needed depth, energy and competition. 

Paterson does add that. He has never looked like a lad that gives anything less than 100%. He will work hard. Maybe not for the same reasons we would like but he will. Whatever options he and Derby wanted to have won't effect how he will go about working for us. He'll be useful, I'm sure. 

I get the slight disappointment (he doesn't seem too thrilled either) but this move kind of suits us both as two parties needing a boost. 

As for Hamer. Roos is our no.1. He has been for months. I don't think Hamer is here as a threat to Roos. It's likely he freed up Carson's wages to be used on other areas. 

Maybe the window hasn't been perfect for Derby but when you sign Wayne Rooney it does soften the blow. 

Wayne Rooney. Can't get over that. ?

To quote my Mrs.. How long am I going to be hearing about Wayne bloody Rooney for

.... Um.... About the next 2 years now at least?

Archived