Four new signings before the window closes

David

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the signing of Rooney has had an impact on our plans and we have had to change direction. His wages must have an impact on FFP and until we know what revenue he will bring in, we may have had to adjust our targets accordingly.

The success or failure of the window can only be judged come January, if we are around the top 2 then it would be a master stroke, around top 6 and it’s a good window, anything else and it’s meh.

10 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

So I've come online after an hour or so to find out we've signed 2 debatable loans from promotion rivals??? What the fu*k is going on cancel my rooney shirt I'm out of here ? no but seriously who the bloody hell thought that was a good idea? Ben hamer??????

Obviously someone did otherwise they wouldn't be here now.

Which is why you are sat at home throwing pelters and not managing a football team 

10 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

So I've come online after an hour or so to find out we've signed 2 debatable loans from promotion rivals??? What the fu*k is going on cancel my rooney shirt I'm out of here ? no but seriously who the bloody hell thought that was a good idea? Ben hamer??????

Huddersfield Town fans love it, at least it has made them happy.

Can you imagine Cocu saying my first choice keeper will be Ben Hamer from where ever he is these days ?

It isn't quite as bad as Chris Weale, but it's up there.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Huddersfield Town fans love it, at least it has made them happy.

Can you imagine Cocu saying my first choice keeper will be Ben Hamer from where ever he is these days ?

It isn't quite as bad as Chris Weale, but it's up there.

Well I think we are fortunate to lose Carson’s wages  

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

At the start I was optimistic as I've put in many posts over the last few weeks but then started being more uncomfortable with our squad the later it got without and reassurance of the positions being improved, not being negative I'm being realistic being a few short in key positions can make a hell of a difference come the end of the season if not sooner , when will they learn that to make it in this hard league you have to make sure you don't leave yourself short of quality ?‍♂️

Have you heard of full stops or paragraphs perchance 

53 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Well here ends @Carl Sagan's claims to be ITK. Paterson and Ben Hamer supposedly signings going to leave Derby fans "buzzing", eh?

Let's hope they're saving the best till last. Otherwise we had the excitement of Rooney but today's a bit of a damp squib. But there's still no "that's the end of our transfer activity" announcement.

11 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Maybe the signing of Rooney has had an impact on our plans and we have had to change direction. His wages must have an impact on FFP and until we know what revenue he will bring in, we may have had to adjust our targets accordingly.

The success or failure of the window can only be judged come January, if we are around the top 2 then it would be a master stroke, around top 6 and it’s a good window, anything else and it’s meh.

I hope that’s not the case. I’d rather we spent money on quality additions than piss it all away on Rooney. I know it sounds negative but the squad as a whole is far more important than one superstar player, and with all due respect Paterson and Hamer are in no way an improvement on what we already have, or in Carson’s case, had. 

Archived