Your instant memories

Mostyn6

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Thought that was 2-4 ?. 

I use those T-shirt to eat curry in at home. 

you are correct ive just checked, my memory has failed me ? at least the shirt is useful for something!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from my early era of watching regularly. goddards chip over southall; outrageous. and saunders dummying adams on the half way line at highbury. 

that buzz of excitement whenever wanchope got the ball. and not a moment but pretty much every moment igor was on the ball. a rolls royce of a bloke on the pitch. 

oh and phil gees volley against arsenal after a cross from callaghan

2 hours ago, Lakes said:

Sheff Wednesday at home Jordan Stewart screamer from the left side shooting toward the north stand, believe it got put up for goal of the season in the champ? no idea why that sticks in my mind over some other great memories but its there!

Man Utd away in the cup, Giles Barnes doing the Camara celebration after scoring the penalty won by Paul Green. my first time at old Trafford even if it ended in a defeat still a great away day.

Idiakez scoring for us from a corner, cannot remember the game might have been Plymouth but think thats wrong, someone might be able to correct me.

also the QPR game at pride park when we went 2-0 up from Dickov and Savage then threw it away in the 93rd minute to lose 2-3 and threw our novelty shirts on the pitch, and of course the play off loss to them too.

all in all some good memories and some bad memories but thats what this game is all about watching the team you love through thick and thin, rain or shine, but not snow ay Colin? ?

The Idiakez  goal against Plymouth  which you recall was almost certainly the free kick from outside the right corner of the penalty area - bent it round the wall and then curled it inside the far post : unbelievable.

Mickey Lewis deciding it was time to sort out Steve McMahon's thuggery, one tackle was enough, McMahon wasn't up for any more...

Steve Powell tackle at 16 in that match against Liverpool on acknowleged hard man Tommy Smith, left him on the floor much to the surprise - nay disbelief- of the Liverpool fans.

Marco Reich vs Millwall to keep us up in the Championship weirdly, always comes to mind.

The Coffee cup incident, I was sat lower east Stand and looking at all the F”rest fans in disbelief. Idiakez missed penalty and streaming onto the pitch in glory that we was going to Wembley. Junior scoring against Preston and going bezerk.

The best one for me will always be Carbonari goal against F”rest and being a young lad, I couldn’t believe the noise erupting around me 

13 minutes ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

The Idiakez  goal against Plymouth  which you recall was almost certainly the free kick from outside the right corner of the penalty area - bent it round the wall and then curled it inside the far post : unbelievable.

ahh so it was! cracking strike that, I have no idea who that goal from the corner was against then, hopefully someone can help us.

Worst for me?

(Without Google);
January.  Latter '70's...  ('78 or more likely '79, I guess?)  FA Cup third round away to Preston, who were third division/two leagues below us. 
Kept skiving off school to make the trip, but it got postponed 3 or 4 times(?) due to snow.  When it finally went ahead, I sat on the most uncomfortable wooden bench seat, on what sticks in my head as the coldest night I can remember watching football, and the coldest I have ever felt, before or since... and we lost 3-0, to give me my first ever experience of witnessing the negative side of a giant killing, and a very long and depressing late night trip home... with school in the morning!   :-(

Promotion from the third v Rotherham . Always Saunders header v Forest.  Beating Arsenal away to almost scupper there first title in years was amusing. the coffee cup game great atmosphere.  Villa and the cup 4-3 - best atmosphere for years at the BBG.  Palace at home under Smith and away at West Brom the week after - more us than West Brom that day I think . Wednesday cup qf 3-3 . Southampton and Leeds  play off games  .All the play off finals  bar the last one which seemed to not register as much - must be developing an immunity .

32 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Marco Reich vs Millwall to keep us up in the Championship weirdly, always comes to mind.

The Coffee cup incident, I was sat lower east Stand and looking at all the F”rest fans in disbelief. Idiakez missed penalty and streaming onto the pitch in glory that we was going to Wembley. Junior scoring against Preston and going bezerk.

The best one for me will always be Carbonari goal against F”rest and being a young lad, I couldn’t believe the noise erupting around me 

Horatio from Rosario with a beautiful piece of Argentine dexterity.  -Graham Richards

1 hour ago, swanny said:

from my early era of watching regularly. goddards chip over southall; outrageous. and saunders dummying adams on the half way line at highbury. 

that buzz of excitement whenever wanchope got the ball. and not a moment but pretty much every moment igor was on the ball. a rolls royce of a bloke on the pitch. 

oh and phil gees volley against arsenal after a cross from Callaghan

Gee Screamer

This thread becomes frightening:

Best 3

1. Derby 3 Millwall 3 7/10/67 Derby 3-1 going into injury time. First game from then completely hooked

2.  McGovern scoring against Liverpool to win the Championship 1972.

3 Being on the pitch at Leicester when we almost assured of the second one.

Worst 3

1. Being cheated by Juventus.

2. Losing to Plymouth in the fa cup in 84 not just the game, but it was odds on we would be wound up and out of business also that night.

3. Losing 3-0 at F***** in 2003 Probably the worst committed performance i have seen by 11 Players wearing the Derby Shirt.

And we say Forest Fans live in the past!

A weird memory...

Again, very late '70's...

Marvelling at the fantastic atmos during my first ever visit to Maine Road.  I was sat on the very front row, directly behind the Platt Lane Goal (We'd bought home tickets off a spiv outside, presumably as our away tickets were sold out?).
The Kippax terrace to my right was in full voice, but I couldn't get my head around how loud the (seated) stand behind me was.  Every time I glanced behind me, it was like seeing a premonition of how our future PPS West Stand would look and sound!  LOL!  But the noise kept coming... or at least it did until they went behind!  :-)

Only after the final whistle, whilst obviously trying to look dejected, seeing as the home team had just lost 1-2, did I get the opportunity to have a right good nosy behind me, and there, high upon each and every stanchion, was a loud speaker... presumably attached to microphones in the Kippax!

The dirty cheating Manc Bamfords!  

37 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

At PP? Hanson did it away at Norwich didn’t he

found it on google it was against Stoke. BBC Sport commentary - 

Wow... wow... wow... Idiakez has scored Derby's third direct from a corner. Goal keeper Simonsen looks well hacked-off with letting that one slip through - but that's Derby's insurance policy as Stoke will find it hard to come back from a two goal deficit. As Ross and Ted have joked, they're a well-organised, physical side but football doesn't seem to be their greatest strength!

And it's a significant goal for the Rams as it means they have now scored more goals than Reading (who won today at Sunderland) and will climb one place up the table.

Just eight minutes to go now and Adam Bolder has come on for Tom Huddlestone.

Full Time Derby 3 - 1 Stoke

There are just too many memories both good and bad. My first game was the Barcelona friendly when I was 8 which was when I knew i was hooked. My dad winning tickets in the DET after I'd kept pestering him to apply for them. 

Best 3 

1) Winning at forest with 10 men.. nothing could beat that feeling. 

2) Idiakez skying that penalty and running onto the pitch in the pouring down rain. 

3) Brighton at home in the playoffs, felt like we'd already won promotion 

Worst 3 
1) losing 1-4 at home to Scunthorpe. After that i thought we'd go down. 

2) losing 0-3 at home to reading when we only needed a point to get into the playoffs. Mind you the entire second half of that season could be included as injuries killed us. 

3) I also think just think the GSE period in general. It was lousy for pretty much the entire period with us stuck either struggling near the bottom or sitting mid-table but never in danger of making a concerted play-off challenge.  

Paul Simpson kicking a ball into my shoulder for Derby reserves at the bbg and the floodlights going out at halftime-had me hooked for life from then

Radio Derby in 1996 I think with our draw with Leeds on opening day(I think), listening intently as a kid around an old radio cassette doofer in my bedroom

Losing 2-1 to Wigan in 2013/14 I think and taking my Mrs. Jack butland saves a pen, then we go other end and bang one in. Mrs shouting at the ref. Our Johnny knocking uwe rosler over. Best game ever, even if we did lose 

Without doubt Charlie George hatrick against Real Madrid was only 12 at the time pity we didnt see the tie through

Or more lately winning at forest with 10 men.. nothing could beat that feeling still get goose bumps now watching it

Been reading this forum for a few years now and this seemed an appropriate thread for my first post. My instant memories are

1. Trevor Christie pen v Rotherham.  Remember listening to the radio with my dad and the username may have been a clue?.

2. Archie Gemmill v red dogs.  I remember when Peter Taylor was appointed Rams boss my dad telling me that was the brains in the partnership.

3.  A bit obscure this one but it for me it’s the night the lights went out at PP.  Purely because in the first half Stefano Eranio had one of the best debuts I’ve ever seen and I really couldn’t believe we’d landed an Italian international on a free transfer.

There have been better times (and a lot worse) but these spring to mind.

Up The Rams!!

Archived