Your instant memories

Mostyn6

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the best....

1. Van der Laan winner against Palace

2. Christie penalty v Rotherham

3. Poom header (even though it was against us)

One of the worst....

1. Cherry conceding direct from a corner in the FA Cup replay against Plymouth

2 hours ago, MickD said:

I remember going to Anfield for a cup game in the 60's.  Lost 5-0 and a guy called Alf Arrowsmith got them all.  What happened to him I wonder?

I remember going to Anfield ‘74/5ish. Lost 3-0 and a guy called Jack Whitham got a hatrick, never heard of him again and if I remember correctly Terry Hennessy broke Colin Todd’s nose when they both went for the same ball to add insult to injury. Bah. ☹️

12 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

My first Derby v Forest match. Archie Gemmills

YES but I prefer this footage with a bit of crowd noise. And you can marvel at the pitch and stadard of tackling if you watch it all.

This has been mentioned too but I loved this goal. I was at the back of the pop side so the ball dissapeared behind the stand in flight to reappear and go in. I was nearly as excited as Graham Richards.

And Bobby against Leeds

Franny Lee Maine Rd ‘just look at his face’

Rams 6-0 Man City 

Mark Lillis running up and jumping on the fence in front of me scoring his only goal for Rams (Weird but there it was in my brain saying remember this) 

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I remember going to Anfield ‘74/5ish. Lost 3-0 and a guy called Jack Whitham got a hatrick, never heard of him again and if I remember correctly Terry Hennessy broke Colin Todd’s nose when they both went for the same ball to add insult to injury. Bah. ☹️

I remember that too. It was at but earlier though, in the 71/72 league winning season 

Same season, same opponent. McGovern’s winner in the last game of the season against Liverpool.

After an agonising week long wait for Leeds & Liverpool to play (& not win) their final game this was the goal that ultimately won us the league ?

Instant memories:

1 - Derek Hales running down the wing towards me watching my first game (again Chelsea 76/77 perhaps....)

2 - Johnny Russell summersault

3 - Derby v Rotherham 1986

And soon followed by Mason Bennett’s FA Cup goal at 15, Ted McMinn scoring versus Man Utd....

One which always comes to mind is Franny Lee & Dirty Norman Hunter having a punch-up and Roger Davies scoring the winner in the same game for a 3-2 win, (first time standing on the Pop-Side instead of in the Kids Corner).

Worst - plenty, but getting knocked-out of the FA cup at home to Port Vale was pretty dire, (nearly 30 years ago as well)!

Bobby Davison scoring against Plymouth and sending the BBG into raptures (then Derby going on to score 4 and promotion).

Phil Gee scoring against Sheffield United and me being pinned 3' up the fence with 10,000 fans behind me.

Any defeat to Forest

Sheff Wednesday at home Jordan Stewart screamer from the left side shooting toward the north stand, believe it got put up for goal of the season in the champ? no idea why that sticks in my mind over some other great memories but its there!

Man Utd away in the cup, Giles Barnes doing the Camara celebration after scoring the penalty won by Paul Green. my first time at old Trafford even if it ended in a defeat still a great away day.

Idiakez scoring for us from a corner, cannot remember the game might have been Plymouth but think thats wrong, someone might be able to correct me.

also the QPR game at pride park when we went 2-0 up from Dickov and Savage then threw it away in the 93rd minute to lose 2-3 and threw our novelty shirts on the pitch, and of course the play off loss to them too.

all in all some good memories and some bad memories but thats what this game is all about watching the team you love through thick and thin, rain or shine, but not snow ay Colin? ?

47 minutes ago, Lakes said:

also the QPR game at pride park when we went 2-0 up from Dickov and Savage then threw it away in the 93rd minute to lose 2-3 and threw our novelty shirts on the pitch, and of course the play off loss to them too.

Thought that was 2-4 ?. 

I use those T-shirt to eat curry in at home. 

Archived