Your instant memories

Mostyn6

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Adam bolders thunderous tackle on chris morgan at bramall lane.

it was a wonderful sight to behold.

I thought it was Tonge that he clattered? Mind you, the way Bolder played it could easily have been both of them.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Anon said:

I thought it was Tonge that he clattered? Mind you, the way Bolder played it could easily have been both of them.

No it was hardman Morgan who was intimidating him to pull out. But he didn't. It was like two steam train colliding head on. 

Warnock was bleating afterwards as morgan was hurt.

don't suppose he'd have said owt if it was bolder who was injured.

Phil Gee away at Sheff Utd, just a couple of minutes earlier everyone singing Portsmouth are losing...we knew.

Giles Barnes scoring at Leeds to win there for the first time since the 70s.

old man on the bridge of the ley stand showing his fa cup final ticket to us after the Plymouth game and saying I’ll never see another of these. 

Bobby flinging the mud at the shame faced Rotherham defender and then Trevor Christie popping the penalty in after the most baffling, but just, decision after the free kick.

fulham...bobby’s goal and the carnage of the last ten minutes.

Docherty selling Billy Hughes,who I seem to remember had started the season brilliantly with Charlie George, and crying over my breakfast.

There’s so many isn’t there....

6 hours ago, IslandExile said:

We're from the same generation ?

I would have said Kevin Hector's in the same 4-2 quarter final cup win against Newcastle, following the flick by Charlie George. Sublime goal.

Also the Franny Lee-Norman Hunter "disagreement".

Roger Davies, away at Chelsea, dribbling the full length of the pitch, going round the goalie, then tripping over and kicking the ball out for a goal kick.

The Archie Gemmill freekick in the 2-0 cup win.

I was there for all of the above and Davies hat full v Spurs

Dean Saunders header vs. Forest, 1990 - "pick that one out the net, Mark Crossley".
Robbie van der Laan vs. Palace
2-1 win at Liverpool 1998 - being there for one of the rarest things in our history.  A win at Anfield!

3 hours ago, superzak said:

In the boys end probably lol we still hopped over the railing and went in the popside

Blimey that was a long hop superzak. The boys end I remember was in the corner between the Normanton End and the B stand and the popside was on the other side of the ground. Did it move or could you then walk from the Normanton into the Popside?

2 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Blimey that was a long hop superzak. The boys end I remember was in the corner between the Normanton End and the B stand and the popside was on the other side of the ground. Did it move or could you then walk from the Normanton into the Popside?

I meant the railing at the front of the Boysend and then round the track behind the Normanton goal and over the railings into the popside....nobody seemed to bother in them days lol

Goddard v Man United day of Hillsborough disaster after Saunders had absolutely violated Steve Bruce.

Saunders volley at Highbury.

Saunders header v Red Dogs.

Shinner rocket v Sheff Wed.

Mark Patterson rocket v Burnley, match abandoned.

Deano rocket at Highbury.

Ronnie Willems at Huddersfield on Boxing Day.

Others that come to mind already been mentioned.

6 hours ago, David said:

Paulo Wanchope taking on the United defence at Old Trafford to score one of the most iconic goals in the clubs recent history. 

Still one of my favourite Derby goals. It was shortlisted for goal of the month on match of the day but did not win it (astounds me to this day).

Archived