Your instant memories

Mostyn6

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, David said:

I haven't seen us reach the heights of Champions of England, but I have seen us in the top half of the Premier League under Jim Smith briefly which makes it a little hard to watch clubs such as Burnley and Bournemouth come from nowhere and stay in the top flight for a number of seasons.

Think I'm around the same age as you because most of my reference points are the same

I often think of players who I thought were 'rubbish' at the time - And wonder how they'd compare to our current crop - I remember thinking we had a terrible team for the 3 seasons we hovered around the bottom end of the Premier League at the end of the Jim Smith era - But I imagine some of those players would slot into our team now quite nicely

And of course, there's one of the most beautiful photo's I've ever seen (outside of my own family albums, of course!)

All the atmosphere, all the emotion, The joy, the relief, and the despair... and all in one split second...

Fz550YU6xQzvpsOf-jf_65aVhZcp0cev0EWLZlhf

*Not my photo, unfortunately, so thanks to whoever!

55 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Think I'm around the same age as you because most of my reference points are the same

I often think of players who I thought were 'rubbish' at the time - And wonder how they'd compare to our current crop - I remember thinking we had a terrible team for the 3 seasons we hovered around the bottom end of the Premier League at the end of the Jim Smith era - But I imagine some of those players would slot into our team now quite nicely

37, but I look a lot younger I know.

Mac 1  4-4 v Ipswich ... what made me a rams fan rather than a casual supporter. Got the shiver that you get when all is right in the football world.

Electric atmosphere, little Scandinavian lad brought by his Dad for his first game, seeing his face when we were all square having been torn apart in the first half ( he’s a ram now, I’ll bet ) 

Brysons 3rd against Forest .. brilliant moment. 

Hughes and Bent v Wolves .. lovely 

I almost forgot ... Will Hughes v Leicester in the cup, walking through the middle of the park on countless occasions like it was easy, and my Leicester fan Brother saying “who the F is that !” 

5 hours ago, superzak said:

Alan Hintons strike Against Arsenal in the 5 -0 thrashing and charlie Georges goal against Real Madrid and Bruce Riochs free kick against Newcastle and oh well i could go on forever lol

Snap, snap, snap

3 hours ago, CROSSWORD said:

I know its a downer but Hinton missing that penalty against Juve in the Euro cup semi will always haunt me,my whole world collapsed then.

However the Chelsea and Everton wins in the league cup a few seasons earlier had me walking on sunshine.Many memories since then of course.

He is very sensitive about it, even now.

i told him to forget it. No-one is bothered. It wasn't our day and with juventus cheating we were never going to win.

rather remember him for his howitzers.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He is very sensitive about it, even now.

i told him to forget it. No-one is bothered. It wasn't our day and with juventus cheating we were never going to win.

rather remember him for his howitzers.

Didnt mean to blame Alan one of my favourite players and a genuine person.Its just i can see the ball sailing past the keepers right post like it was yesterday.Your right Juve is still cheating all these years later,scumbags.

4 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

"Bamford picks up a loose ball... Bamford against one man, Bamford against two men... Here's Hendrick... Hendrick's through..."  (5-0 deforestation vid with Radio Derby Commo).

JR's rocket in the same deforestation.  Being sat in the NE corner, I saw it leave his foot, and actually saw into the future, as I knew exactly where it would end up!   You Beauty!  

Sir Jake's last second winner that seemed to take an age to trickle over the line!  Time actually stood still for a few seconds to allow such a glorious moment to embed itself in the minds of all that witnessed it!  LOL!

The "Idiakez" chant ringing around the ground after he skied his play-off peno against us.  I nearly bust a lung getting that going (it was a long night!), but a very proud moment indeed, once you lot finally joined in!  ?

It's Hendrick's goal that I remember most from that game too. I just remember looking at the Forest players after it went in and knowing that there would be no reaction after half time, knowing that this wouldn't just be a win, but an absolute spanking.

Hughes' back heel in the Brighton play off game springs to mind too. We'd set off like a train in that game, but there's always that niggling concern that the opposition can nick a lucky goal if you don't capitalize on your dominance. That goal was just like opening a pressure release valve. It was an unbelievable bit of skill too.

Archived