Day
Message added by Day

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Lawrence looks absolutely shattered bless 'im 

image.thumb.png.310131867aed212cb64f3120d9e9bd7e.png

His second half was better than his first!! Inspiring performance the way he grafted, defended smartly, provided an attacking threat... excellent. 

The first half he was part brilliant and part greed. 

Ever since seeing that image of him and Lamps last season after losing his Mum I've felt the love towards him. Let the Derby/Tom love affair roll on

Missed the whole thing as i couldn't get Now TV to work, but saw the goals. Two great finishes from Tom turning up centrally where he is at his best.

great start.???

Excellent performance all round. Love the solidity 2nd half and Lawrence looking like a new signing. Never felt Huddersfield would break us down - all in all a superb nights work and a good omen for the new season. COYR.

6 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Try Nottingham.

Anyway Woohoo, watched in Skiathos on dodguy stream. Lost finger nails second half,great team performance. Not really sure about Zoon out there but hey we won.

No more assessments from me, just nearing midnight here and I’m onto the cocktails.

Yamas you Ramsssss, hangover time.

Enjoy your coctails.  Josefzoon looks low on confidence.  He has great pace, could potentially open up back lines by showing aggression on the ball

9 minutes ago, DJFern94 said:

Great win and great performance. Evans looked a little lost at times, but put a shift in. Great to see Lawrence not only attack but help with defensive duties. 

Huddersfield cut us open a few times, but for the first game of the season I'm well happy with that game. 

I think he’s obviously adapting to a different role in a midfield three that’s slightly unbalanced.

However, I thought key to our success tonight was how we closed down and he and Dowell, plus a few moments from Hudds, kept getting a foot in and disrupting their flow.

They didn’t always find a pass but helped produce an excellent away performance.

Also thought in the second half, the front three made themselves a little hard to pass to.  Waghorn’s first touch was a bit off but that will come.

But Evans is starting to grow into his Derby shirt.

Def 2 sides to us tonight.  A few negatives, but it's the first game of the season, away to a very good side so let's focus on the positive. 

1st half we could have had 4. Great movement, threaded passes, chasing back and closing down.

2nd half, dug in, kept a great shape, only really allowed long range shots, stopped a lot of crosses and those that came in were largely dealt with without fuss.

More work to do, but it's early days and with Marriott, Holmes, Bielik, possibly one other and dare I say, Rooney?! to come we just might have something going here.

Frank who? COYR ?

Glad Zoon got his start and did absolutely nothing. Not good enough. Zero end product. 

Hopefully we add one quality wide player before window shuts and with Marriott, Bielik and Holmes to come in, we might just do pretty well. 

Noticed that when Dowell was subbed late in the game, he didn't walk off the pitch, he ran.  Maybe that's the order from Cocu, no time wasting, just get on with it.  If so, i am in full agreement with that, it's a winning attitude i think

Blistering team performance first half, solid as a rock second, especially given the onslaught they put in first 15 second half. Centre halves outstanding, and I love that both can step out. Lawrence dazzling. Full-backs tight and threatening. Huddlestone imperious. Waghorn scrapping for everything and could have scored. Evans quietly efficient. Keeper solid when needed. Dowell comfortable and prompting. Flo-Jo, so-so. Typically robust Bennett cameo. Pleasing league debut (?) for Knight.

Club record signing, the mercurial Holmes and the deadly Marriott to come in.

Add a couple, and we can have another good season.

Add Rooney too and a wave of exultation will sweep us to glory. I think I need a lie down.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Missed the whole thing as i couldn't get Now TV to work, but saw the goals. Two great finishes from Tom turning up centrally where he is at his best.

great start.???

You using Firefox as a browser? Works better with Internet Explorer for the most part. Hit and miss with other browsers.

Archived