v Huddersfield Town (A) Match Thread

David
Message added by David

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Massive win. Got to say though Waghorn has to hold the ball better and Roos needs to avoid kicking the ball down the throat of a 6ft + centre half. Plenty of positives such as Lawrence and Clarke. Couple of signings and we won’t be far off 

Bielek to come into the team yet, Marriott to get fully fit, Rooney to sign, I'd say Rooney is the last piece of the puzzle to be honest! 

Well!

I thought that was a terrific performance.

Good football first half and excellent game management second half.

Tom Lawrence I have criticised you regularly for your lack of commitment.

Today you were excellent and if you keep up that intensity you'll do for me.

Really looking forward to Saturday when I will be bringing my granddaughter up for her first Derby game.

She thinks she is a Bristol City fan but she'll learn.

Great win and great performance. Evans looked a little lost at times, but put a shift in. Great to see Lawrence not only attack but help with defensive duties. 

Huddersfield cut us open a few times, but for the first game of the season I'm well happy with that game. 

Main criticism really is Clarke’s hair, I think he just needs to shave it off, I really don’t want those straggly bits getting in his eyes.

seriously though, lots of positives to take from that. Would have been good for Shinnie and Marriott to get minutes but they will get chances and chucking Knight in at the end will give him the confidence that the manager thinks he’s ready for the first team.

2 minutes ago, ramit said:

Good result, rode our luck in the second half, so brilliant to get the 3 points.  First half was very impressive indeed.  Lawrence MOTM but Clarke a close second, a wonderful debut from him.  He and Keogh, who was excellent tonight make a formidable partnership

Couldn't agree more 

1 minute ago, ck- said:

So at half time I asked what Cocu would do to counter their pace through the middle.

I'm not enough of a tactician to know what exactly he did, but I do think that in spite of their increased possession in the second half Huddersfield actually looked less dangerous.

I think we sat back and soaked up their pressure and stopped their threatening breaks. They looked more likely to score in the first half. 

Archived