v Huddersfield Town (A) Match Thread

David
Message added by David

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Lawrence! Also really impressed with Clarke and Keogh. Have to say Waghorn could not hold the ball up well at all, seemed like he lost every battle with their centre half. But for saying our preseason was poo, really happy!  

Good result, rode our luck in the second half, so brilliant to get the 3 points.  First half was very impressive indeed.  Lawrence MOTM but Clarke a close second, a wonderful debut from him.  He and Keogh, who was excellent tonight make a formidable partnership

Great win.

excellent first half poor second but we battled to take the points. Our mixed up pre season possibly a factor so good to get a competitive 90 mins and Cocu can see where further improvements are required.

Lawrence MOM best game in a rams shirt

Incredible first half, not just Lawrence who it goes without saying was phenomenal, but from everyone.

Second half we reacted and adapted to see the game out and get the victory. Think a more clinical team than Huddersfield might have nicked something, room for improvement there. Mobility in the middle was worrying.

But can't argue or be picky, good result and we did what was needed at the time.

So at half time I asked what Cocu would do to counter their pace through the middle.

I'm not enough of a tactician to know what exactly he did, but I do think that in spite of their increased possession in the second half Huddersfield actually looked less dangerous.

Archived