Matt Clarke - Joined on loan for the season AGAIN

Animal is a Ram

I think this would be a domino effect should or should Maguire not join united. 

Maguire to United

Dunk to Leicester

Webster to Brighton

But this would leave Bristol without a centre half and they would likely have first dibs on Clarke as part of the Webster deal. 

My guess, no Maguire to united and we'll get Clarke on loan. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Shaftesbury Street said:

I think this would be a domino effect should or should Maguire not join united. 

Maguire to United

Dunk to Leicester

Webster to Brighton

But this would leave Bristol without a centre half and they would likely have first dibs on Clarke as part of the Webster deal. 

My guess, no Maguire to united and we'll get Clarke on loan. 

Or Bogle to Brighton

Clarke to us on loan

Bielek signed with the proceeds from Bogle 

Why would Derby sell Bogle when his value is going up. If he wanted to leave then perhaps so but Mel has said that Derby must sell players like Bogle when they're hitting peak value and not too early. After 1 season in the Championship he's not at peak value.

This is how rumours get momentum. 

Guessing at how we can afford £10m when nobody has any idea if it is indeed a straight up £10m for a player that's played at League 1 level. 

For the last few seasons we wait until almost the last few weeks of the transfer window to do our business, it tends to kick off after we have sold a big player.

Hendrick, Ince, Hughes, Vydra...the transfers that carry large fees tend to kick off once we sell someone.

I would be more than happy for Bogle to stay, his value will only go up, but if someone offered 15 million for him, he would be off quicker than a pint of milk in summer.

More confused than ever what our first team starters will be when all are fit. Will Marriott ever be a starter? Will Shinnie be a starter if we get Clark and Bielik? Surely Bielik will then be midfield. If so then Shinnie, Hudds, Dowell, Holmes, Evans. I would pick Holmes, Dowell, Bielik then Hudds if four in midfield. Should be interesting.

21 minutes ago, Rampage said:

More confused than ever what our first team starters will be when all are fit. Will Marriott ever be a starter? Will Shinnie be a starter if we get Clark and Bielik? Surely Bielik will then be midfield. If so then Shinnie, Hudds, Dowell, Holmes, Evans. I would pick Holmes, Dowell, Bielik then Hudds if four in midfield. Should be interesting.

2 of Keogh, Evans, Clarke starting at centre half

1 of Bielik, Huddlestone (plus Bird) starting as a holding midfielder

2 of Shinnie, Dowell, Holmes (plus Knight, Sibley) starting as attacking midfielders

You've then got a big of flexibility to change it depending on what we think the opposition will be doing. Shinnie if we're expecting a battle, Dowell and Holmes if we're expecting an open game etc.  And obviously injuries/resting will mean some rotation too.

I don't ever see Marriott being a regular starter if we're playing a lone striker. He just doesn't offer enough when not through on goal.  I'm expecting him to be a regular impact sub, and maybe starting some games against specific types of opposition.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Why would Derby sell Bogle when his value is going up. If he wanted to leave then perhaps so but Mel has said that Derby must sell players like Bogle when they're hitting peak value and not too early. After 1 season in the Championship he's not at peak value.

This is how rumours get momentum. 

Guessing at how we can afford £10m when nobody has any idea if it is indeed a straight up £10m for a player that's played at League 1 level. 

Kelly at Bristol city sold for £15 million after one championship season at right back and what is bogle’s value if he has an average season this season? - always a tough call on youngsters 

12 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

I think people seem to forget how Curtis plays sometimes. Given the chance he's a decent ball playing CB, but usually he was tasked with being the hoofball player. 

I think since we started playing out from the back he has been awful. Its not his strength. Admit he has not played much recently but for example in his pre season friendly showings his pass rate had been quite poor. 

Just now, Carnero said:

In the 2 or 3 games he's played then?

Like many others Ive watched him for years at Birmingham or Hull and a good season at Derby. He is a tough battling centre half with a huge heart but passing isnt his strength. Its not just accuracy either, its selection of pass. Id rather get players in who can " play" if the style is going to be play out from the back, fast, get it forward quick. 

16 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

One of the few positives from pre season has been Evans on the ball, I think he's been a joy to watch playing out from the back. It remains to be seen if we have enough defensively with him there but I really like the look of him as a ball playing CB.

Defending crosses could be an issue, but when hasn't it? Answer is if the trade off is worth it for the rest of the play. And, I dare say more than half of our issue isn't the defenders, it's the midfield and overall team defence - something Bielik should help with.

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

2 of Keogh, Evans, Clarke starting at centre half

1 of Bielik, Huddlestone (plus Bird) starting as a holding midfielder

2 of Shinnie, Dowell, Holmes (plus Knight, Sibley) starting as attacking midfielders

You've then got a big of flexibility to change it depending on what we think the opposition will be doing. Shinnie if we're expecting a battle, Dowell and Holmes if we're expecting an open game etc.  And obviously injuries/resting will mean some rotation too.

I don't ever see Marriott being a regular starter if we're playing a lone striker. He just doesn't offer enough when not through on goal.  I'm expecting him to be a regular impact sub, and maybe starting some games against specific types of opposition.

By all accounts at Aberdeen,Shinnie is also a quality left back.Would be quite happy to see him there as Malone and Lowe don’t impress me defence-wise.

Archived