Matt Clarke - Joined on loan for the season AGAIN

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Bristol City are going to be some force next season.

Total random one, but with all that money to spend I can see them getting Dwight Gayle.

Good theory but I think that actually Steve Bruce will actually play him at Newcastle but don’t discount Vydra moving there 

It’s sensible on Brighton’s part. Clarke is 22 and his most recent playing experience is confined to League One and Two.

Going from being a top player in League One to Premier League football is a big jump, and I am not sure a club in Brighton’s position can afford to risk throwing him straight in there, especially in such a pivotal position.

So it seems sensible that they would send him out on loan to the Championship, given his minimal experience at this level. He last played in the Championship in 2014-15 and that was only a handful of appearances as a teenager.

For us, I would imagine this is a target endorsed by Rosenior, who has just arrived from Brighton himself, correct me if I am wrong?

We obviously wouldn’t have been able to compete with Brighton and afford £5 million to sign him outright, so a loan deal is the best option for us and gives us another option alongside Keogh.

Maybe Clarke was second on the list behind Tomori?

40 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

He's literally just signed for Brighton? Haha 

Mate of mine is a Brighton fan. He is always moaning that they are always signing players and then send them straight out on loan. 

So, I hope he comes to us and is awesome whilst Brighton ship loads of goals this season ?

Yep and last season he won every single player of the year award for them.

Monster in the air as well.

Kind of signing we should be making. Clarke at CB and Beilik in DM already makes us stronger. Chuck in a right winger with pace and we'll be fine.

I'd still like a keeper though.

31 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Bristol City are going to be some force next season.

Total random one, but with all that money to spend I can see them getting Dwight Gayle.

Johnson just been on SSN saying he’s after 4 by deadline day so you could be right.

Can’t say I know enough about him to say whether this is a decent signing or not, but he’s a centre half which we need a couple of so it makes sense. Seems to have done well in league one but we don’t know if he’s ready for championship football yet, you can’t help but think maybe there’s better loans out there at the bigger teams. He’s quite young for a centre half too, need experience to play that role. I may be being overly harsh mind, he’s played a lot of games and I’ve not seen enough of him to judge his ability really. Seems a little risky but most seem to rate him and I don’t know enough to say otherwise so I’ll wait till I see him play before commenting on the signing.

At the very least it’s a signing to end the boredom! Looks likely to happen, probably just waiting for an official announcement.

1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

Various reports on height from six foot too six four he is great in the air in both boxes good with his feet also, but do not expect Tomori type pace.He is more Curtis Davies type pace.

But he can compensate for that lack of pace by actually standing in the right position and correctly anticipating where the ball will go? ?

I would imagine he would come in and be third choice behind Keogh and Evans, not a guaranteed starter to begin with.

Cocu doesn’t strike me as someone who would bomb a player out, so I would imagine he’ll be fighting with Evans for that second spot, especially if there are question marks over Curtis Davies’s fitness and Buchanan’s readiness.

Just now, Rambalin said:

Various reports on height from six foot too six four he is great in the air in both boxes good with his feet also, but do not expect Tomori type pace.He is more Curtis Davies type pace.

Perhaps he's like Keogh.

6ft 2 when standing, 6ft 4 when he jumps.

Archived