Matt Clarke - Joined on loan for the season AGAIN

Animal is a Ram

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Who ever thought Christie was good at defending either pal? You don't have to agree with the ''Lowe love in'', but if you're gonna continue to make ******** posts attacking him expect to get called out. 

Why did we concede so many goals last season then Mr know it all? Was Lowe not responsible whatsoever? Having watched the majority of Rams games either live or on tv my memory recalls an awful lot of goals that we conceded were because crosses were not cut out, from both flanks. We looked vulnerable against a lot of teams who had decent wingers with pace, whatever statto says. In terms of being good offensively how many assists did Lowe create last season ?

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why did we concede so many goals last season then Mr know it all? Was Lowe not responsible whatsoever? Having watched the majority of Rams games either live or on tv my memory recalls an awful lot of goals that we conceded were because crosses were not cut out, from both flanks. We looked vulnerable against a lot of teams who had decent wingers with pace, whatever statto says. In terms of being good offensively how many assists did Lowe create last season ?

We conceded far too many goals from set pieces, individual errors and goalkeeping mistakes. We didn't conceded any more from crosses into the box than any other team in the league. We had one of the best ratings in the league for goals conceded from open play, and one of the worst from set pieces. Looking back at the goals we conceded, most of the ones from crosses were Forsyth and Bogle. I think we conceded 3 goals from crosses against Lowe, and for 2 of them, there were at least 5 touches in the box after the cross. He only got 1 assist, but he was played out of position for a good chunk of his minutes. He was rated at our 4th best player all season.

22 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

A little off topic, but how the F have Brighton just signed a Dutch International defender for £900k ??‍♂️??‍♂️
How have they managed to pull that one out the bag. Clearly a very active scouting network at Brighton. 

There was an article about it on the athletic. They’ve been watching him for 2.5 years now and wanted to move last summer but he agreed to a one year extension to help out Ajax so they agreed to let him leave for €1m as their part of the agreement. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Chances of Clarke rejoining on loan might be receding even further if Brighton accept the rumoured £40m bid from Chelsea for Dunk.

Depends what they plan to do with the money if they get it. Could have a CB target or two in line as replacement leaving Clarke  in the same position.

TBH I’m not sure we’ll see him back here unless we buy him.

Sidenote: whilst Dunk is a decent player 40 mil is madness!

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Chances of Clarke rejoining on loan might be receding even further if Brighton accept the rumoured £40m bid from Chelsea for Dunk.

The optimist would say it increases the changes of Fik coming home ?

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Lewis Dunk is worth 40 million now, how much would Igor Stimac be worth if he was around today?

Not 40 million. Whilst I don’t agree with it the fact that Stimac is Croatian means he would be cheaper. 

You can have two players who are identical in stats and age... one is English and the other is any other nationality. I could almost guarantee the English player would be ‘worth’ more. 

John Stones: £50m

Pickford: 30m?

James Maddison: 20ish mil

Wan-Bissaka: 40 odd mil.

Apparently Leicester want £80m for Chilwell... English players always seem to have over inflated transfer fees.

15 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

See this is what makes me laugh about these threads. Week after week we see young English defenders being sold for extraordinary sums of money and yet some on here would happily flog Max Lowe for a million. Proper chuckles.

Proves the point... Max Lowe is probably a 2-3m player in my opinion but he’s English, 23 and is realistically only going to get better. We shouldn’t even entertain anything less than 7m for him in my opinion... purely just because he’s English.

Agree £40m is a lot for a 28 year-old but Dunk really is an excellent defender. Comfortably more polished than Adam Webster say, who was £20m last summer from Bristol City. Appreciate Webster's younger and will hopefully develop into a great defender but I think with Dunk, if it's true, Chelsea get the finished article, not a work in progress. 

I think the final doubts any of the big clubs had about him were probably answered this past season as we played a much higher line and a far more expansive game leaving him a lot more exposed and less protected. He was still mighty.

I kinda hope if Clarke does go out on loan again that he goes to you simply because its a breath of fresh air reading Derby fans comments regarding Clarke compared to Leeds with White. Ironically, a lot of the nonsense they throw at us, would be more valid with Clarke than White. As we haven't developed Clarke at all! 

I don't think the comments about a different challenge would mean a loan with Prem (wouldn't want to help any rivals) or another Championship side. I suspect they might have a move abroad in mind. Time will tell, main thing is hopefully he's playing. My gut feeling is if he goes out on loan it might be on or close to deadline day once we know where we stand with all our other defensive options.

5 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

Agree £40m is a lot for a 28 year-old but Dunk really is an excellent defender. Comfortably more polished than Adam Webster say, who was £20m last summer from Bristol City. Appreciate Webster's younger and will hopefully develop into a great defender but I think with Dunk, if it's true, Chelsea get the finished article, not a work in progress. 

I think the final doubts any of the big clubs had about him were probably answered this past season as we played a much higher line and a far more expansive game leaving him a lot more exposed and less protected. He was still mighty.

I kinda hope if Clarke does go out on loan again that he goes to you simply because its a breath of fresh air reading Derby fans comments regarding Clarke compared to Leeds with White. Ironically, a lot of the nonsense they throw at us, would be more valid with Clarke than White. As we haven't developed Clarke at all! 

I don't think the comments about a different challenge would mean a loan with Prem (wouldn't want to help any rivals) or another Championship side. I suspect they might have a move abroad in mind. Time will tell, main thing is hopefully he's playing. My gut feeling is if he goes out on loan it might be on or close to deadline day once we know where we stand with all our other defensive options.

I don’t really follow the premier league too much. I’ve kind of lost interest in football apart from Derby over the last couple of years but the comparison must be Nathan Ake who cost Man City £40m I believe... how does Dunk compare to him? I know he’s older.

Archived