• Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, JfR said:

Crosses blocked per 90:
Lowe - 0.7
Bryan - 0.7
Henry - 0.8

Statistically he's roughly on par with them in that regard

He also blocks more shots per 90 (0.4 vs. 0.2/0.3), blocks more passes per 90 (1 vs. 0.7/0.8) and makes more interceptions per 90 (1.9 vs. 1.3/1.2) than both of them

michael conor mic drop GIF by In Real Life

i believe in working with what you have and not becoming dependent on loans, for when they leave, the cohesion of the team goes out the window and then you need loans again, a vicious and unwise circle IMO.  The exception would be an option to buy.

Good luck to Clarke, he did a fine job for us and i would welcome him back on a permanent deal, that however being unlikely.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Watched plenty of them thanks. If you think Lowe is in the same league as those two I suggest you book an eye test ?

Or drive to Durham.

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Have to agree to disagree. If we want to be pushing for promotion we need better. Look at how good Henry at Brentford and Bryan at Fulham are...Lowe is nowhere near that level...

And on the other side you have Cyrus Christie. 

4 hours ago, Andicis said:

That's a nonsense soundbite. Maybe if you're Maldini or Van Dijk, in the Championship the more tackles you make the better. 

Totally agree.

It sounds smart to say good defenders don't need to tackle and there is a small element of truth in terms of positional sense and anticipating the game, but it's largely nonsense.

When I think of great Derby defenders like Toddy, Roy Mac and Mark Wright, I also think of impeccable tacklers.

Bobby Moore was an incredible tackler too and he did ok.

Of course, a lot comes down to timing and Todd made tackling look effortless and almost untacklelike, but he still did a lot of it.

5 minutes ago, R@M said:

Playing well, but I wouldn't swap him for Bogle, Wisdom or Lowe. 

Christie is better than Bogle from what I've seen in last few weeks although deployed slightly further forward like a RWB

I actually think Lowe played better than Bogle at RB albeit in one or two games only  I really want to see Bogle improve defensively but not sure that happening 

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Totally agree.

It sounds smart to say good defenders don't need to tackle and there is a small element of truth in terms of positional sense and anticipating the game, but it's largely nonsense.

When I think of great Derby defenders like Toddy, Roy Mac and Mark Wright, I also think of impeccable tacklers.

Bobby Moore was an incredible tackler too and he did ok.

Of course, a lot comes down to timing and Todd made tackling look effortless and almost untacklelike, but he still did a lot of it.

I think there's a famous quote from Maldini about being out of position if you need to slide tackle. Key being slide tackling, and not just tackling in general.

6 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Christie is better than Bogle from what I've seen in last few weeks although deployed slightly further forward like a RWB

I actually think Lowe played better than Bogle at RB albeit in one or two games only  I really want to see Bogle improve defensively but not sure that happening 

Despite having virtually 8 years experience on Bogle, Christie is definitely not as good.

4 hours ago, JfR said:

Crosses blocked per 90:
Lowe - 0.7
Bryan - 0.7
Henry - 0.8

Statistically he's roughly on par with them in that regard

He also blocks more shots per 90 (0.4 vs. 0.2/0.3), blocks more passes per 90 (1 vs. 0.7/0.8) and makes more interceptions per 90 (1.9 vs. 1.3/1.2) than both of them

Stats are only part of the equation when analysing players there have been games where defenders have very quiet games defending wise because they are dominating at the other end but have to make less tackles eg Van Dijk or Kompany when Liverpool or City are dominating games but a defender on the opposition is making more blocks and headers etc but it doesn't mean they're better players stats can be misleading ....another example is a player making ten passes across the backline is that better than one intelligent through ball ?

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Despite having virtually 8 years experience on Bogle, Christie is definitely not as good.

I think he is he is certainly on a par or better imo but i also don't overrate either 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If Bogle and Lowe are so great at defending how come we conceded so many goals last season? Where does the blame lie ?

You're the one bringing Bogle in, who was saying Bogle was great at defending? Lowe is statistically good and you're ignoring that to spout nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You're the one bringing Bogle in, who was saying Bogle was great at defending? Lowe is statistically good and you're ignoring that to spout nonsense.

Jog on you numptie, why not read a few of the recent posts where Bogle and Christie were compared ? My point was a legitimate, rational question. Not all of us have to agree with the Lowe love in. 

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Jog on you numptie, why not read a few of the recent posts where Bogle and Christie were compared ? My point was a legitimate, rational question. Not all of us have to agree with the Lowe love in. 

Who ever thought Christie was good at defending either pal? You don't have to agree with the ''Lowe love in'', but if you're gonna continue to make ******** posts attacking him expect to get called out. 

Archived