Matt Clarke - Joined on loan for the season AGAIN

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well we sung “ you’ll never beat Tomori”

Well didn’t add “in the air” on the end did we?

Wiki says Clarke and Tomori both 6'1"". Matt looks a bit like Mark Wright on his day off and especially in the distance.

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Wiki says Clarke and Tomori both 6'1"". Matt looks a bit like Mark Wright on his day off and especially in the distance.

If he plays like Mark Wright on his 'day on', he'll soon become a club legend!

On 3 August 2019 at 08:54, Mazzaram said:

If he plays like Mark Wright on his 'day on', he'll soon become a club legend!

To right been watching Derby since 1979, as a 7 year old, and Mark Wright was the best centre half I have ever seen for Derby, yes even better than Stimac, also played more games than Stimac did, before you all say Roy Mac, he was still a good centre half but passed his best by 1979. Mark Wright is everything I like about a centre half, good on the ball, great positional sense, good in the air in both boxes, and he made a great captain for Derby.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

To right been watching Derby since 1979, as a 7 year old, and Mark Wright was the best centre half I have ever seen for Derby, yes even better than Stimac, also played more games than Stimac did, before you all say Roy Mac, he was still a good centre half but passed his best by 1979. Mark Wright is everything I like about a centre half, good on the ball, great positional sense, good in the air in both boxes, and he made a great captain for Derby.

Pure class when he got both Wallace brothers in a headlock.

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

In today’s money, Mark Wright would be worth £100m and Stimac £50m 

3 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

In today’s money, Mark Wright would be worth £100m and Stimac £50m 

And McFarland? ..... Priceless.

I remember an interview with Clough: "Archie (Gemmill) claims he was the best player ever to have played under me. He wasn't. Roy McFarland was. Archie, you were second best."

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

I don’t know if there’s a recall option for Brighton - Dan Burn is going to be out for quiet a while apparently. 

Loans don’t have recall options anymore, it’s for a season unless all parties concerned agree to let him return. 

We would be mad to let him go back so I wouldn’t worry 

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

They would take the lad white back first from Leeds 

4 hours ago, Dcfc_20 said:

That Ben white from Leeds will be the one they recall if they do recall one. Clarke’s just come back from injury so I very much doubt they would recall him.

They’ve been using Burn at LB, so probably more likely to recall Clarke than White

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

They’ve been using Burn at LB, so probably more likely to recall Clarke than White

Did you miss the comment from @Derbados? - they can only recall him if all parties agree - we're already light of numbers in central defence so unlikely we'd want rid of him unless we sign several replacements.....

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

No they haven't. They've played a back three a few times, which may have confused you here. 

Archived