Matt Clarke - Joined on loan for the season AGAIN

Animal is a Ram

11 hours ago, Ramarena said:

You said his pass rate” hence why I replied with the stat for his pass rate. 

He actually said "in his pre season friendly showings his pass rate had been quite poor", rather than 'since we started playing out from the back his pass rate has been poor'.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Clarke comes here and does well, it stands to reason that Brighton will be in a position to make a huge  profit on him. You only have to look at Mings, who is a player who couldn't cut it at Bournemouth, sent out on loan to Villa, ultimately sold for £20m - a huge, huge profit. Webster at Bristol - £25m. 

He has a season akin to the one he's just had in League One at a higher standard, he'll be worth £20m to someone. If we get promoted then it's possible that will be us. Brighton are tipped to go down too. 

16 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Guessing the final 1% is filming his eyes to be shown on the advertising hoardings when the team’s announced.

I was hoping they'd stop that this season - I find it a bit unsettling - particularly Keogh's eyes that seem to bore into your soul.....

18 hours ago, StockholmRam said:

Ok Camero....well for the benefit of you or any other thread barristers, what I should have said is, " since ive watched Curtis over many years its never struck me that his ability to pass well or select a correct pass regularly is one of his strengths. Therefore, if his current club which is our beloved Derby insist that we play a style requiring accurate and correct passing from both centre halfs then it might be better to have players that can do that well"! 

Everyone happy? 

The other thing with Curtis is the long lay off means he is less sharp than others at this stage of the season. Whatever his strengths and weaknesses I don’t expect to see him as a starter ( in the league ) for at least 3 or 4 games

18 minutes ago, jono said:

The other thing with Curtis is the long lay off means he is less sharp than others at this stage of the season. Whatever his strengths and weaknesses I don’t expect to see him as a starter ( in the league ) for at least 3 or 4 games

He won't ever be first choice for us again - without injuries, obviously.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Can you please stop with your teases, sat around keep refreshing my phone on beach....the missus thinks I’ve got another woman..... and all I can come up with is just checking Derby sites for signing news.

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

He won't ever be first choice for us again - without injuries, obviously.

I know there are people on here who rate Davies Will he play for Derby again,probably, but does he fit in to how Cocu wants to play, i don't think so. Cocu wants to play one touch football out of defence but Davies isn't up to that/not capable of that, takes too long to make his mind up so ends up telegraphing his pass so the opposition cut the pass out and breaking the move down. Whether that's down to injuries but he just doesn't seem to fit in with the style we are attempting to play.

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Good news but am I being thick? This isn't a signing, this is a signing??

In response to the absolute morons who reply “this isn’t a signing?” every single time Derby tweet something because they think it’s simply hi-la-rious

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Clarke confirmed.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Good news but am I being thick? This isn't a signing, this is a signing??

It gets worse, now the club's media team are pandering to the grade-A Bamfords who moan under every tweet that it's not a new signing announcement.

@Alpha, the club are using a popular Spongebob meme, which uses the idea of someone merely repeating what someone has said but in a mocking manner, represented by a mixture of capitals and lower case letters. See below:

image.png.f4740f769b5529ec125a0c84cfe13340.png

I haven't even dared to look at the comments, but I imagine they're the same inane, unoriginal memes that are used for every new signing by every ducking team in the world. A common one is someone's iPad being held up by a boner, or Chris Eubank being falsely subtitled as saying 'It gives me, I think they call it, a stiffy'.

Archived