Sign in to follow this  
Animal is a Ram

Matt Clarke - signed on a season-long loan

I'd have thought if we want him as a makeweight in a potential sale of Webster then we hold the trump card. However, if he is not good with the ball at his feet then maybe not.

34 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

As long as he's not like Conor Sammon - 6ft 2 standing and 5ft 2 when he jumps.

I know - and with a name like Sammon you'd think he'd be able to jump!

Why didn't we just buy him when he was available?

Personally i'd leave george evans in central defence. If we sign bielik and clarke i can't see evans getting in the team?

what we need is flair, skill, and creativity right across the midfield. 

52 minutes ago, Davys on the road said:

Is the sale of Bogle part of this deal? Would explain the alleged fee we are paying for Bielek

Doubt it - no point in solving one problem position then creating another. Other than Wisdom, not sure we have an adequate replacement for the RB role.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Why didn't we just buy him when he was available?

Personally i'd leave george evans in central defence. If we sign bielik and clarke i can't see evans getting in the team?

what we need is flair, skill, and creativity right across the midfield. 

Nothing wrong with competition in 2 positions, CB and CDM we are currently sorely lacking. Versatility as well as 2 of the 3 can play CDM and all 3 can play CB

1 hour ago, erathirea said:

No puns yet? Fine

Let's hope that if we sign this tall centre back, he remembers to bring the right shoes?

Lets hope he brings the left ones as well or his he one footed

On 30 Jul 2019 at 15:43, RamLad1884 said:

I was very surprised that Brighton paid what they did for him, considering one of the main reasons Potter was brought in was to bring in an exciting brand of football. 

That's not a slight on him whatsoever, he's a very powerful defender. More in the style of Davies than Keogh though I'd say. Would make sense to give us a pretty strong defensive option though, something different to what we've got too. 

The style of Davies!!! This lad can pass a ball. Have you seen Curtis passing? 

9 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

The style of Davies!!! This lad can pass a ball. Have you seen Curtis passing? 

I think people seem to forget how Curtis plays sometimes. Given the chance he's a decent ball playing CB, but usually he was tasked with being the hoofball player. 

On 30/07/2019 at 20:07, Davys on the road said:

Is the sale of Bogle part of this deal? Would explain the alleged fee we are paying for Bielek

I don’t reckon so. The sale of Thomas and the Lampard compo plus not having to pay wages for the 20 or so players no longer on the books would’ve freed up ample cash. As others have said, it’ll be a much lower fee with add-ons making it up to the 10m. 

This deal seems to have gone quiet.

No recent mention in DET. Hope it goes through. Think it would be great to have a big guy alongside Keogh. Prefer Bielik in front of those two.