Jump to content
Animal is a Ram

Matt Clarke - signed on a season-long loan

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well we sung “ you’ll never beat Tomori”

Well didn’t add “in the air” on the end did we?

Wiki says Clarke and Tomori both 6'1"". Matt looks a bit like Mark Wright on his day off and especially in the distance.

Share this post


Link to post
On 30/07/2019 at 16:31, Animal is a Ram said:

6ft Central defender, 22years old.

Signed from Portsmouth in June, after having made 175 appearances for them

Congrats on the first post 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3 August 2019 at 08:54, Mazzaram said:

If he plays like Mark Wright on his 'day on', he'll soon become a club legend!

To right been watching Derby since 1979, as a 7 year old, and Mark Wright was the best centre half I have ever seen for Derby, yes even better than Stimac, also played more games than Stimac did, before you all say Roy Mac, he was still a good centre half but passed his best by 1979. Mark Wright is everything I like about a centre half, good on the ball, great positional sense, good in the air in both boxes, and he made a great captain for Derby.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

To right been watching Derby since 1979, as a 7 year old, and Mark Wright was the best centre half I have ever seen for Derby, yes even better than Stimac, also played more games than Stimac did, before you all say Roy Mac, he was still a good centre half but passed his best by 1979. Mark Wright is everything I like about a centre half, good on the ball, great positional sense, good in the air in both boxes, and he made a great captain for Derby.

Pure class when he got both Wallace brothers in a headlock.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

To right been watching Derby since 1979, as a 7 year old, and Mark Wright was the best centre half I have ever seen for Derby, yes even better than Stimac, also played more games than Stimac did, before you all say Roy Mac, he was still a good centre half but passed his best by 1979. Mark Wright is everything I like about a centre half, good on the ball, great positional sense, good in the air in both boxes, and he made a great captain for Derby.

In today’s money, Mark Wright would be worth £100m and Stimac £50m 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

I don’t know if there’s a recall option for Brighton - Dan Burn is going to be out for quiet a while apparently. 

Loans don’t have recall options anymore, it’s for a season unless all parties concerned agree to let him return. 
 

We would be mad to let him go back so I wouldn’t worry 

Share this post


Link to post

That Ben white from Leeds will be the one they recall if they do recall one. Clarke’s just come back from injury so I very much doubt they would recall him.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

They would take the lad white back first from Leeds 

 

4 hours ago, Dcfc_20 said:

That Ben white from Leeds will be the one they recall if they do recall one. Clarke’s just come back from injury so I very much doubt they would recall him.

They’ve been using Burn at LB, so probably more likely to recall Clarke than White

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

 

They’ve been using Burn at LB, so probably more likely to recall Clarke than White

Did you miss the comment from @Derbados? - they can only recall him if all parties agree - we're already light of numbers in central defence so unlikely we'd want rid of him unless we sign several replacements.....

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

 

They’ve been using Burn at LB, so probably more likely to recall Clarke than White

No they haven't. They've played a back three a few times, which may have confused you here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Srg said:

No they haven't. They've played a back three a few times, which may have confused you here. 

21 games this season, playing at CB only once since the end of September.
CB - 6
LB - 14
LWB - 1
Those 6 games at CB were as part of a back 3.

Edit: Whoscored says 12 LB and 8 CB

Edited by Ghost of Clough

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.