Cocu's Contacts

BaaLocks

As we move into the part of the transfer market that is likely to be critical for us - what loans can we get - I just wondered where Cocu might be able to get us first pickings. You would like to think that Chelsea still hold us in affection but Cocu should be able to pick up the phone as well to Guardiola and even people like Mourinho with his Barcelona connections. From the Dutch side I don't see too much, the likes of Hiddink, Van Gaal and De Boer have left centre stage somewhat.

In conclusion, you would like to think he does have contacts - maybe not as deep as Lampard bought with Chelsea but that's no bad thing in that we don't just become one club's reserve team. That said, if he manages to find two loans as good as Mount and Tomori he'll have done a cracking job.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, David said:

Wouldn't need to wear glasses if he wears contacts, think about it.

Surely people who wear contacts also wear glasses. They don't wear contacts all the time, do they? Do they? I've never thought about this. 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Surely people who wear contacts also wear glasses. They don't wear contacts all the time, do they? Do they? I've never thought about this. 

Might have a spare pair as a backup, depends how bad your eyes are.

I wear glasses, couldn't get on with poking myself in the eye with contacts, but not like I'm blind without them, just everything is a bit out of focus 6ft in front

The big one has to be PSV.. he will know a lot of the youth players coming through.. either way, we need to get a couple of players in. We are looking very short of quality. I'd be shocked if there's nothing announced before Friday

I think with MM and Lampard still having a good relationship, we’ve still got contact with Chelsea that will grant us first choice at any loans coming to this level, particularly with how well mount and Tomori did last season- if we can continue improving players like that, then Chelsea will keep sending them our way. That’s not really a link cocu has though. Think one contact he has has been well documented, with Marcel Brands, Everton’s DOF. That should allow us to get decent loans from them as well, and has already been used to secure dowell last minute over Huddersfield. I’ve not seen anything to suggest he’s got any links with Guardiola despite them playing together mind, ditto with Mourinho having worked with him as a coach, though being unemployed renders the latter useless anyway. Don’t think you can really expect him to have links with other Dutch managers just because of their nationality either.

For me, our known links are Chelsea and Everton. We’ll have to see what they have to offer out on loan to this level next week I suspect, once their squads have been named. Hopefully there’ll be some decent options there that we’ll get first dibs on, cause Christ knows we need some quality in to replace last years loanees.

9 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I always have a pair of glasses for days that I spend inside or for a lazy Sunday going out for a coffee

Archived