Jack Marriott Fitness Update

Day

On 1 August 2019 at 12:17, EnigmaRam said:

He was training at the open session on Tuesday and looked sharp.

personally I thought our best performances last year were when Waggy played on the right with Marriott up front. Only lasted about 5 games until Waggy got injured but they were, discounting Leeds away, our best performances.

they both need to be on the pitch imo

When waggy played wide he had the freedom to come into the middle off the wing, with bogle bombing on. Exactly what we are trying to do now with lawrence on the left. Dunno whether its possible to adopt the tactic on both flanks simultaneously? 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, RamNut said:

When waggy played wide he had the freedom to come into the middle off the wing, with bogle bombing on. Exactly what we are trying to do now with lawrence on the left. Dunno whether its possible to adopt the tactic on both flanks simultaneously? 

I think by paying two holding midfield players - which is Cocu's default system I think - it does give licence for the full-backs to be more adventurous, so I think we probably could play with two 'inverted' wingers.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Bogle likes to cut inside himself. Having a 'winger' in the style of Bennett or Jozefzoon rather than another inside forward therefore makes sense

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

In that case we may as well start waggy on right and Lawrence on left and have Marriott up the centre. Those two can then have freedom to come into the middle slightly behind Marriott, without losing width as Malone and Bogle will be there (effectively as wingers) At the same time we won't be short at the back as the two holding midfielders can drop back with keogh and Clarke. We started to see this on Monday night.

With all this in mind, my team would be:

Lawrence.              Marriott.            Waghorn

Dowell.                   Bielik.                 Holmes

Malone.          Clarke.        Keogh.       Bogle

Roos

Midfield might be a bit lightweight with that lineup so you could swap Holmes for Huddlestone or Evans too if you wanted. This is a good sign though that we have many options.

3 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

You'd have to hope so - the Scunthorpe game now becomes quite an important one for a number of players. Chance to shine....

hope so i got front row seats with  the family, our 1st game of the season

Archived