Our relationship with Chelsea

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I agree on all counts. Although it won't happen, I'm hoping our "special" relationship with Chelsea would get us and no one else a deal on these terms, which would be why he'd come to us rather than a lower level Premier Team.

Interestingly, Chelsea have posted up their current first team of 30 players and van Ginkel is there, but the only one without a squad number https://www.chelseafc.com/en/teams/first-team

IIRC this needs to be reduced to 25 with a certain proportion of home grown players, but then there's no limit on U21s such as Mason and Fikayo as well as Abraham and Hudson-Odoi.

25 man squad with a maximum of 17 non-homegrown.

Homegrown = 36 months at a club in England before the end of the season they turn 21.

Those born 1 Jan 1998 onwards do not need to be registered in the 25 man squad. 

1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

The question that always intrigued me.......would Frank have stayed if we had beaten Villa at Wembley?

Who knows, we can all speculate but me personally, no. i think he would have still gone to Chelsea.If he had got us promoted the forces at work within Chelsea would have been more demanding to get him back

11 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

The question that always intrigued me.......would Frank have stayed if we had beaten Villa at Wembley?

I doubt it. As soon as Chelsea came in regardless of what division we were in he'd be gone. He would probably have gone to Chelsea even if they were playing non league football.

I don't think our relationship with Chelsea is any different than with any other club. There is no sentiment in football. Frank has moved on. Last season is history. We were compensated well for the loss. Tomori and Mount helped us and we helped them move to better things. Chelsea will use us if they feel it benefits them and their players.

Never mind our relationship with Chelsea what about Bristol city’s ?

just signed Kalas jay Da Silva and Kasey Palmer all fairly cheaply now I am not saying there is anything going on but 

Bristol city are about to sign a very young French lad for €8 Million so let’s see if he ends up at Chelsea for an economical fee after Chelsea’s transfer ban ends and within two years maybe?

45 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

A funny thought, what are the odds that *if* we got promoted this season the press will have a field day saying Frank Lampard laid down the foundations of Derby’s success?

Probably.

If imbeciles can do the same for Nigel Pearson regarding Leicester's PL win, they can do it anywhere.

19 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Probably.

If imbeciles can do the same for Nigel Pearson regarding Leicester's PL win, they can do it anywhere.

Though you could argue that getting Lampard in reinvigorated the club, Mel in particular. Thus setting the stage for Cocu to come and act out the long fabled promotion.

1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

Though you could argue that getting Lampard in reinvigorated the club, Mel in particular. Thus setting the stage for Cocu to come and act out the long fabled promotion.

Of course. All choices past placed you where you are today.

It's just that "layed the foundation" is a very strong stance.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Never mind our relationship with Chelsea what about Bristol city’s ?

just signed Kalas jay Da Silva and Kasey Palmer all fairly cheaply now I am not saying there is anything going on but 

Bristol city are about to sign a very young French lad for €8 Million so let’s see if he ends up at Chelsea for an economical fee after Chelsea’s transfer ban ends and within two years maybe?

I haven't seen Da Silva play but I think Kalas and Palmer are pretty average.They didn't get anywhere near to Chelsea's first team.Mount and Tomori were better players in my opinion.

On 4 August 2019 at 08:49, Rammy03 said:

Do you think Frank knew he was going before Wembley? If so I'd be terribly disappointed. Complete distraction from a game that meant everything to this club.

I think he knew there was a good chance.

Frank who?? Yesterdays man as far as we're concerned. The only loyalty to any club nowadays seems to be the fans with occasional exceptions like Mel Morris and Chris Wilder who did a great job with Sheffield United last season and is really enjoying his time with his boyhood club. I'm looking forward and don't believe Chelsea will do us any favours.

Don't know about the Clubs relationship but I do know that among the Chelsea supporters there is a huge amount of goodwill for Derby. If the Rams get promoted and thrash us at Stamford Bridge, I'm not sure that this goodwill will last.

Archived