Our relationship with Chelsea

We don't have a relationship with Chelsea, special or otherwise. They loaned us two good players because their management team decided playing for us would be good for the players development. Having Lampard as our manager that the time helped.

Whatever perceived special relationship, some people thought the clubs had, ended when Lampard left us to become Chelsea's manager, a move we were well compensated for. 

Any player we now try to bring on loan from Chelsea will only happen if they think it will be advantageous to them.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Abramovic got the hump after he was forced by us to pay a large compo claim for Lampard and it's now payback time?

I don't see why Lampard should particularly do us any favours now that's he's moved on, his loyalties obviously now lie elsewhere 

I'd prefer not become known as Chelsea B to be honest. The relationship between Chelsea and Derby was a relationship between Chelsea and Lampard as proved by the summer. 

Plenty more fish in the sea, let's become someone else's bitch or better still play the field and sleep around.

On 30/07/2019 at 08:37, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just think if we had money and our relationship with Chelsea was sound there wouldn't be any waiting around with the season starting Monday. Something isn't right.

I wouldn't worry about it - We have a couple of pro-Derby people in their management structure now - Mel obviously maintained a decent relationship with whoever runs the place over there too as there was no public acrimony over it

We're 2 weeks into Cocu-time - He's barely had chance to work out which of our players he likes and doesn't and then what he thinks we need - He's not just gonna automatically reach out to Chelsea when he has plenty of contacts around Europe (and further north) who he can also tap into

I think it'll be more useful if the FIFA max loans out rule comes into play - Chelsea currently rely on loaning out loads of their younger players and if they're not able to do that again will probably need to do a giant fire sale - And if that does happen we'll be in a nice place having a good relationship with Chelsea

6 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Maybe PC doesn’t want handouts from the previous manager? For what it’s worth, the 2 players we’re currently being linked with are exactly the type of players we’ve needed for 3-4 years and it’s only taken PC 8 weeks to figure this out so props to him.

I'm pretty sure this might be the case. If Frank loans us 3 players and they prove successful then we will still rejoice in FL and say Phil's getting handouts from the previous regime.

I do hope however Phil doesn't cut his nose of to spite his face over the handouts if there available.

On 30/07/2019 at 09:10, Spanish said:

I would add to that, CFC know that we look after young talent very well and have proven to be able to enhance the experience and help them grow.  That's got to help I guess

Last season Chelsea had 41 players out on loan . Of which we had 2, So yes they know we looked after them with the help of Lampard and Morris.But how can they be sure about Cocu?

On 30/07/2019 at 11:35, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps Cocu doesn't fancy any of Chelsea's U23/U18s? 

Yes and in any case, I don't really want our club beholden to Chelsea FC. Lampard and his crew have gone ..... in case anyone hadn't noticed. 

I wonder if our relationship with Chelsea will be hindered somewhat by the fact that we decided to take the big wad of cash they gave us for Lampard and forwarded it straight to their biggest rivals. 

On 31/07/2019 at 14:52, TommyPowel said:

Last season Chelsea had 41 players out on loan . Of which we had 2, So yes they know we looked after them with the help of Lampard and Morris.But how can they be sure about Cocu?

They could compare Cocu's record with that of the novice

8 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I tend to swim round turds in swimming pools, but I guess if you prefer to catch them and then drop them quickly the 3-second rule may apply.

Personally I keep out of pools containing turds all together. You two are just weird.

Have Chelsea actually loaned anyone out yet who might have been a realistic target? Don't think so. There will be a dozen next week, and many will be looking at a season in Championship.

Of the clubs who could be potential destinations, Derby will surely be up there. Facilities, good squad to drop into, play Franks preferred formation...relax, I'd still say it's likely...if Phil can fancies any of them to improve us.

6 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Personally I keep out of pools containing turds all together. You two are just weird.

Oh contraire Blackadder, it's swimming behind you that I normally encounter them.

Although in fairness, tough to know whether they are coming out your ass or your just talking about your football career in Eltons 7th team again.

Archived