De Rossi to Boca

RiddingsRam

One for the football purist's , in a world where Bale is about to join some pub league side for mega money in China , players joining MLS sides for an early retirement in the sunshine . Daniele De Rossi has full filled his life long dream and has moved to a club because he wants to . Not for money , not for fame but because he actually wants to . 

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/daniele-de-rossi-fulfilling-dream-by-joining-boca-juniors/t5m0ktdjew3o1hl51s180moqm?__twitter_impression=true

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for him. You often see South American players return to their South America as they got older, but I can't think of too many European players to play there, but it's good to see someone give it a go. Discounting Brazilians that were naturalised and represented European countries, Clarence Seedorf is the only other European I can think of to do so. 

On 26/07/2019 at 22:57, RiddingsRam said:

One for the football purist's , in a world where Bale is about to join some pub league side for mega money in China , players joining MLS sides for an early retirement in the sunshine . Daniele De Rossi has full filled his life long dream and has moved to a club because he wants to . Not for money , not for fame but because he actually wants to . 

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/daniele-de-rossi-fulfilling-dream-by-joining-boca-juniors/t5m0ktdjew3o1hl51s180moqm?__twitter_impression=true

It’s almost as if you think you know the guy or have some kind of inside information . 

You dont . 

You have no more idea of his motivation than I have . 

Stop being so childish in your assumptions. 

And , as an added extra, please support the rams . It kind of expected if you want to be a fan . 

7 hours ago, BobbyD said:

It’s almost as if you think you know the guy or have some kind of inside information . 

You dont . 

And , as an added extra, please support the rams . It kind of expected if you want to be a fan . 

Why even bother replying with such an idiotic comment ? Nothing in my post indicated that "I know him". Simply writing facts about articles I've read online . 

And for your information Bob I will be supporting the Rams and not searching the depths of internet forums for people to troll online . 

13 hours ago, BobbyD said:

You dont . 

The Office Ugh GIF by Romy

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/07/2019 at 23:29, JfR said:

Good for him. You often see South American players return to their South America as they got older, but I can't think of too many European players to play there, but it's good to see someone give it a go. Discounting Brazilians that were naturalised and represented European countries, Clarence Seedorf is the only other European I can think of to do so. 

David Trezeguet went to play for Los Millionarios aka River Plate because he wanted to. Slightly different he is French and played mostly around Europe but has got strong links to Argentina (see below)

https://thesetpieces.com/world-football/love-money-david-trezeguet-returned-home-river-plate/

On 29/07/2019 at 23:46, BobbyD said:

You dont . 

Haha wtf!?

I quite like your short paragraphs.

You remind me of.

A pre menstrual.

Ross Kemp.

1990279410_Screenshot_20190810-221559_MemeGeneratorFree.thumb.jpg.f90e00d6b9b17340a30cf4a85de210cc.jpg

31 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

David Trezeguet went to play for Los Millionarios aka River Plate because he wanted to. Slightly different he is French and played mostly around Europe but has got strong links to Argentina (see below)

https://thesetpieces.com/world-football/love-money-david-trezeguet-returned-home-river-plate/

That's another one, but I'd say he's broadly in the same sort of group as the naturalised Brazilians, what with him only being born in France and growing up in Argentina.

Funnily enough though, since I posted that first comment another European has gone over there with the Spaniard Juanfran going from Atletico Madrid to Sao Paulo. Maybe this is the start of it becoming more frequent.

8 minutes ago, JfR said:

That's another one, but I'd say he's broadly in the same sort of group as the naturalised Brazilians, what with him only being born in France and growing up in Argentina.

Funnily enough though, since I posted that first comment another European has gone over there with the Spaniard Juanfran going from Atletico Madrid to Sao Paulo. Maybe this is the start of it becoming more frequent.

Interesting. I did not know about juanfran and it may well be a trend. Seedorf it turns out is not too different from Trezeguet as he was born in Surinam which shares a border with Brazil

Archived